British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole. Prem 19/9/19

26 minutes ago, FreddyS said:

10 CONSECUTIVE PLAY-OFFs....LOSE?????   This statistic satisfies me delightfully TrackTwat

Which alias account is this?

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

3 points for Harris we must have paid him too much! 

No, a huge 4 points from 5 rides 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well done to the Pirates.

Good to see TJ and MPT there. We was never going to cover for them at home.

The track looked slicker than usual, and times were a bit slower tonight. Don't know if Buster was there or prepared it ?

No excuses, the Pirates wanted it and it showed.

Buster wasn't there so was prepared by A N other.You could tell.I said i thought the Swindon match was the slickest i have seen it for some time.Well this one beats that,that was like a Southern track,track.Played into Pooles hands,suppose it showed with Wells getting a race win:rolleyes:.

Was Harris testing engines for the semi's?Watch out Poole.He was swapping from one engine to another.

We need a bit of a clear out for next season.Jorgensen was one of the ones i thought had to go.But after talking to him tonight what a great man to have a chat with.I've had a bit of a change of heart.I asked if he wanted to come back which of course he does(probably knows he will be paid).I said his away form has to improve,to which he said he realises that and that is the biggest thing to work on and more.But he absolutely loves the Lynn track,he said he can't understand why some riders just don't like riding a grippy track,he loves it he wished other tracks were the same.I must admit i have never seen a rider go so fast into the bends as he does.

Roll on 2020 and lets not be too loyal,lets get a team that can challenge for the play-offs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

For the twentieth time this century.

I don’t think you’ve thought that post through. 

Either that or you didn’t go in the years 2000, 05, 06, 08, 09, 11, 14 or 18.

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oh thought it was 3 from updates hope he gets similar Monday! 

Updates missed a point off his score

I dislike Poole more than Ipswich, go Ipswich, wipe the smugness off the faces of these Pirates ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don’t think you’ve thought that post through. 

Either that or you didn’t go in the years 2000, 05, 06, 08, 09, 11, 14 or 18.

Think you have that slightly wrong there....Poole have finished top 9 times since 2000....03,04,08,10,11,12,14,15 & 19....:t:

• Like 1

Don't know whether I'm pleased or not that the season has finished,  again pot-less as usual.    So annoying when teams like Poole turn up and show us how it should be done.    Each and everyone of their riders were dialled in and showed how much it mattered, what a pity we cant say that about out team..    Over the season we have witness some good performances but the dedication can always be questioned.  Yeah, I accept we had injuries,  but the team we put out tonight was woeful .    I get fed up watching riders  going through the motions.  I don't mind losing, but lets lose with pride......

• Like 2

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Oh thought it was 3 from updates hope he gets similar Monday! 

So all this BS you spouted about Swindon being done a favour with KL having Proctor & then Harris against Poole proved just that, BS! Both scored 4 points. 

15 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Don't know whether I'm pleased or not that the season has finished,  again pot-less as usual.    So annoying when teams like Poole turn up and show us how it should be done.    Each and everyone of their riders were dialled in and showed how much it mattered, what a pity we cant say that about out team..    Over the season we have witness some good performances but the dedication can always be questioned.  Yeah, I accept we had injuries,  but the team we put out tonight was woeful .    I get fed up watching riders  going through the motions.  I don't mind losing, but lets lose with pride......

Yes the Stars potless again. That's no surprise to anyone [like you g13webb] who has supported them from Day One. Par for the course. Last year's title tilt was a flash in the pan. We live in hope but usually end up disappointed.

King's Lynn are a small town (in population terms) club in a league for big boys – as they have been for most of their life. For example, Poole sounds like a small place but the conurbation it is within is huge. Wolves – a city; you get my drift, I hope.

Just pleased the Stars can race in the top league; although I did enjoy the Prem league trophy haul.

If Lynn went down a division they would be a big fish once again.

6 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

So all this BS you spouted about Swindon being done a favour with KL having Proctor & then Harris against Poole proved just that, BS! Both scored 4 points. 

Is wasn't BS as i thought Harris would make them stronger as Proctor has been awful and Harris got 14 earlier in the season at KL. Ok on the night Harris didn't perform to that level. 

6 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Think you have that slightly wrong there....Poole have finished top 9 times since 2000....03,04,08,10,11,12,14,15 & 19....:t:

I didn’t say anything about finishing top, just that big changes weren’t needed after those seasons. We were obviously in the second division 2003-10.

Confused here.  I thought Baggy was talking Kings Lynn and Scotty Fan talking Poole.

Help !!!

As for next year I’d like to see us build from the bottom, rather than the top.  Get 2 Reserves in with the word progress stamped all over them.  Nichol and the lad Pickering from Edinburgh would do it for me. Please no more Lambo, Anderson, Porsing. Etc.  Lewi Kerr has reached his level so no improvement there. I’m hoping those ships have well and truly sailed.

Lambert Riss and Palm Toft have 3 points at least to add between them.  So that would be the opening 5 I’d want.

What would that leave in terms of points for the other 2 places ?

Edited by semion
  • Like 1