Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole. Prem 19/9/19

Spot on semmers, couldn’t agree more. Lambert, Riss, MPT, Nicol and Pickering then see what’s left. Hopefully enough for a third heat leader who will score away points and a decent second string. Jorgensen, Lambert S, Andersen, Kerr, Proctor and Porsing have all given Lynn plenty of effort over the years but it’s time to have a clear out and move on, get some fresh faces in and be competitive on the road. 

Undecided about Cook, we would be too top heavy with he and Robert but would have him back if the circumstances were right. 

• Like 1

Always nice to wake up to see how far wrong the troll was pre match

Harris being booked swinging the match completely to Kings Lynn.........the man has no idea and trolls for a reaction

Harris usually poor at Lynn as i showed pre meeting

Harris and r/r would never score as much as TJ and MPT................but its nice to see him banging on and being wrong ....again

50 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Harris being booked swinging the match completely to Kings Lynn.........the man has no idea and trolls for a reaction

Harris and r/r would never score as much as TJ and MPT................but its nice to see him banging on and being wrong ....again

Congrats to Poole for finishing top of the league :)

Looking forward to some very tough play off meetings ahead, the first hurdle being Ipswich who will be a different animal Monday. It’s not going to be easy over 2 legs but I hope we can push on and reach the final. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Undecided about Cook,

I am not so undecided about Cook as I feel that he can be as much a liability as he can be an asset. Of course, it may be that Robert Lambert will finally leave UK racing in which case Cook or no Cook is a hard one.

Not sure Craig Cook is a Lynn type rider. Think he is still struggling to fully get to grips  with the Saddlebow track. If NKI wants it he would be my 6th rider.

Edited by semion

Iversen won’t start the season over here as he’ll  be doing GP’s and his usual three European leagues. 

14 hours ago, tellboy said:

Buster wasn't there so was prepared by A N other.You could tell.I said i thought the Swindon match was the slickest i have seen it for some time.Well this one beats that,that was like a Southern track,track.Played into Pooles hands,suppose it showed with Wells getting a race win:rolleyes:.

Was Harris testing engines for the semi's?Watch out Poole.He was swapping from one engine to another.

We need a bit of a clear out for next season.Jorgensen was one of the ones i thought had to go.But after talking to him tonight what a great man to have a chat with.I've had a bit of a change of heart.I asked if he wanted to come back which of course he does(probably knows he will be paid).I said his away form has to improve,to which he said he realises that and that is the biggest thing to work on and more.But he absolutely loves the Lynn track,he said he can't understand why some riders just don't like riding a grippy track,he loves it he wished other tracks were the same.I must admit i have never seen a rider go so fast into the bends as he does.

Roll on 2020 and lets not be too loyal,lets get a team that can challenge for the play-offs.

There was about 7-8 tonnes of dirt on the centre green ( concrete). I wonder if that was taken off for the big banger meeting this weekend. 

On the TJ front. I do get that he is a great bloke, and loves it at Lynn. But if we want to win things and grab some away points, I couldn't justify him if i'm honest.

He has been riding the away tracks long enough now  to have sussed them out. If compare his home and away ave, it's shocking, 7.71 H   3.78 A. Without checking, I would say it's his worst away average since he has been with us, and his home ave is probably his highest. So in my Poole mode, it's time for him to move on, at least for now.

I wouldn't like Busters job :blink:

I'd go

Lambert, cook, riss, Toft, jorgensen, Nichol, Pickering.

I also wouldn't be against big changes. But that relies on who becomes available. But I'd go for the familiar faces because home results are very important up until a few weeks ago we were very close to being in the playoffs and we would have been in with a shout. 

For me I’d rather see a Charles Wright for Jorgenson.

so my 7 would look like

.1. Lambert

2. Palm Toft

3. Riss

4. Wright

5. Iversen

6. Nichol

7. Pickering

Wont happen for sure but I’d settle for that

Edited by semion

3 hours ago, semion said:

Not sure Craig Cook is a Lynn type rider. Think he is still struggling to fully get to grips  with the Saddlebow track. If NKI wants it he would be my 6th rider.

I'm always sceptical when a so-called top rider leaves a club.  If he had been that good then Belle Vue would have moved heaven and earth to keep him, so instantly I query his availability and therefore his attitude.    I would never question his ability and have seen him ride with the best,    but also have seen him ride uninterested when the mood takes him.   I prefer riders who gives their all EVERY race , but unfortunately that not Cookie….            With the standard we now have in the top league, he should be getting double figures every meeting,  not riding round for 6's and 7's like he does...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

For me I’d rather see a Charles Wright for Jorgenson.

so my 7 would look like

.1. Lambert

2. Palm Toft

3. Riss

4. Wright

5. Iversen

6. Nichol

7. Pickering

Wont happen for sure but I’d settle for that

Same here. If you compare the 2 riders

Wright CMA 6.58 …..  He averaged 7.13 at the Showground this season., and 6.38 away from home.

TJ CMA 6.41 …… Averaged 7.71 at the AFA and 3.78 away this season.

If Wright averaged 6.38 home and away for the Stars, which he should do, it would boost the middle order on the road :t:

11 hours ago, Gavan said:

Wasn't Bomber's sort of track ...

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

Wasn't Bomber's sort of track ...

Agree. Half of the shale was on the centre green. Probably scraped off for the big banger weekend. Buster wasn't there. Maybe hes in Cardiff ? I did see Colin Pratt. It was the slickest I've seen it for a long time, and the times showed it.

Edited by Bald Bloke

I can see Cook at King's Lynn in 2020.

Dale talked well of Cook and understands fully the issues Craig is dealing with. I get the feeling Dale would be happy to help him out and play a protective figure to Cook. It may well be what Cook needs also. 

Below would be a good team to start the season and then make a few changes if needed as the season goes by. 

1. R.Lambert 8.04

2. R.Worrall 5.22

3. R.Schlein 7.18

4. E.Riss 6.61

5. C.Cook 8.00

6. B.Nichol 4.00

7. A.Morris 3.32

Ave: 42.37