British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole. Prem 19/9/19

Best team man we’ve ever had? Wow, that’s some claim. How far back are you going with that assessment? I’ve only been going since the early eighties and I could name several better than Schlein. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Best team man we’ve ever had? Wow, that’s some claim. How far back are you going with that assessment? I’ve only been going since the early eighties and I could name several better than Schlein. 

He must have selective viewing as that statement can’t be right surely. Scheiln is someone you’d never want near your team. 

Webbo,  you been on that Jamaican Old Holborn ?  Schlein the best ?  Ffs.  Have a word with yaself.

As for Lambert, who do you think Lynn would attract to replace him ? He has ridden for Lynn this season when injured when most riders would have called off.  Would you say Micheal Lee showed great commitment to the Lynn cause ?  No of course he didn’t but you (and I) would turn up every week to watch him around Saddlebow.

As for Buster taking a backseat at Lynn, are you series ?  Can you ever see that happening while the guy has breathe in his body. ? 

I do wonder if you just stick these post up just for a reaction or to gain attention.

#amazing

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

He must have selective viewing as that statement can’t be right surely. Scheiln is someone you’d never want near your team. 

You wouldnt want Schwein near your team

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Cheese said:

I'm sure I read a quote from him saying that in the Speedway Star around this time last year.

Can’t say I read that, and as a Wolves fan I’d think I would have noticed.

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

. Scheiln is someone you’d never want near your team. 

Peter Adams must disagree then, as he has described him as inspirational at times and has been a main stay at Wolves for a few seasons.

And he could possibly be the captain of the new league winners in 3 weeks time.

Never had much time for him in the past but my opinion on him as changed. Has been a pretty decent rider and captain for Wolves.

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Can’t say I read that, and as a Wolves fan I’d think I would have noticed.

Peter Adams must disagree then, as he has described him as inspirational at times and has been a main stay at Wolves for a few seasons.

And he could possibly be the captain of the new league winners in 3 weeks time.

Never had much time for him in the past but my opinion on him as changed. Has been a pretty decent rider and captain for Wolves.

You not seen his antics in the second tier this season? As well as in seasons gone by?

29 minutes ago, Pinny said:

You not seen his antics in the second tier this season? As well as in seasons gone by?

I’ve been pretty vocal about his antics in the past and certainly does still seem to be at it the lower tier but has been like gold for Wolves afaik.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:15 AM, Bagpuss said:

You can never say never in speedway, I’m sure if Rory was squeezed out at Wolves and Lynn made him an offer he’d be back. That said not a rider I’d be too keen to see back, would rather go with fresh faces and a new direction. 

Nick Morris will be back at Swindon I’m sure. 

As fir Buster, whatever you think of him he rescued the top division in its current format and it goes without saying that pumping money into our two local rivals will have compromised what he could spend on the Lynn team. Don't see that changing until Ipswich and P’boro are moved on to fresh owners. 

I think what done it for Rory was when he sat on the centre concrete to have his hair shaved off for charity in the interval. The club clippers where crap and they asked over the PA system if anyone had clippers with em that they could use.. They ran out of time and Rory did his next race with half his hair :D

19 hours ago, semion said:

Webbo,  you been on that Jamaican Old Holborn ?  Schlein the best ?  Ffs.  Have a word with yaself.

As for Lambert, who do you think Lynn would attract to replace him ? He has ridden for Lynn this season when injured when most riders would have called off.  Would you say Micheal Lee showed great commitment to the Lynn cause ?  No of course he didn’t but you (and I) would turn up every week to watch him around Saddlebow.

As for Buster taking a backseat at Lynn, are you series ?  Can you ever see that happening while the guy has breathe in his body. ? 

I do wonder if you just stick these post up just for a reaction or to gain attention.

#amazing

During those two years  at Lynn,  sitting up there in the royal box I obviously saw a lot more of his involvement than most on here did.   Schlein was inspirational to everything the Stars team did.   He watched EVERY race.  he was the one standing at the pit giving encouragement,  he was the one waiting to greet the riders back after each race, he was the one always talking to our riders before and after each race,  he was the one telling them about the setup and the track conditions as they changed.  He was the one who led by example..  If there were mechanical issues it was Rory who organised the remedy work, or even arranged a replacement.   Pats on the back, or high fives when they return, Rory was instrumental to the whole of the Lynn team.. I have never said Rory was our best rider, but he brought far more to the table than just his riding... 

During this time, I travelled away to places like Coventry, Wolves, Swindon,  Rye House and Leicester,  and it was just the same.   He was always standing at the pit gate, watching every race. when our riders came back , their success was  greeted with acknowledgement and thanks.   Rory sure was that little bit special.  We didn't always win, but it wasn't for the lack of commitment...

All this came to an end when he and Buster had an explosive exchange over the track conditions.   Rory's concern was the safety for the riders .    Unfortunate  Buster had different ideas...

In all my time supporting the Stars I have seen plenty of good team men,  but when it came down to total involvement, no-body comes close to what Rory gave...  

Yes I agree with what you say about Michael Lee,   But he always had fast bikes and guaranteed double figures every week.     I don't doubt Roberts ability,  but sometimes his machinery appears quite mundane (gutless), No doubt his best bikes are where the money is..  (Cant blame him for that either)   but nothing would please me and all his fans more,  than to see Robert scoring big scores every week.    A man of his skill riding on a 8pts CMA is insulting..   He is far better riders that that...

And lastly,    Correct, I have posted comment on here just to get a reaction,  but never done so  just to gain attention

• Like 1

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

During those two years  at Lynn,  sitting up there in the royal box I obviously saw a lot more of his involvement than most on here did.  

you couldn't have been watching much when Topinka was captain

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

I would never rub Topinka achievement down, and yes I also witnessed him doing a good job.  But I've always felt  Rory was the best.      Peoples opinions differ...

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

Going back to that era you could also include Chris Mills and Kevin Doolan. 

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

He certainly seemed to get the best out of some of the riders.Some were quite ordinary to put it politely but we won all before us with the teams we had.He too would do as much as Rory and probably more.I know he would help test bikes for riders.Tested S.Lamberts once and said that was fast,found Kozza's problems when he first come over which was his frames.And helped A.Jones a lot in that great but sadly fateful season.

• Like 1