British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole. Prem 19/9/19

4 hours ago, Trees said:

I wasn't particularly cock-a-hoop either but I'd have thought it's worse for the riders ......

Why is it worse for the riders? I had to pay to watch him score nothing. Poorthing got payed to score nothing. The only one at fault is him. 

26 minutes ago, mrss said:

Why is it worse for the riders? I had to pay to watch him score nothing. Poorthing got payed to score nothing. The only one at fault is him. 

Put yourself in his shoes maybe ..... You feel a sense of anger and frustration, what does he feel?

28 minutes ago, Trees said:

Put yourself in his shoes maybe ..... You feel a sense of anger and frustration, what does he feel?

On Monday Poorthing had a chance to pass Batchelor but just as he got level with him Poorthing backed off. He hasn't any bottle. He has been poor ever since he signed this season. He was the one who told everyone he had 3 bikes , 4 engines and 2 Polish mechanics. Seems like none of them done there job.

It's often repeated among riders - even very recently - that speedway is a mind game or all in the mind ( once you have mastered the basics of course ). Even Greg Hancock has said it's not all about set ups! Even the "have a go" spirit is a mental thing ( see some irate riders going truly into battle after having been fouled, in their eyes ). So, very likely it is not the bikes, engines or mechanics in Porsing's case - and he will know that.

Plus the name calling is immature and rather irritating. 

• Like 2

How about looking at the guest situation like this...

Chris Harris rides for Ipswich... who are also in the play-offs.

He can have a big influence on who finishes top of the table and therefore has choice of opponents.

Ipswich would probably be considered to be the weakest of the 4 play-off teams and therefore a decent possibility to be picked by the top team.

Would Ipswich rather face Swindon or Poole?

My guess would be that on current form... and considering that they've had a "rehearsal" at Wimmy Rd just this week... they'd rather take on Poole.

So maybe Chris Harris will be doing all he can to help Poole finish top... and thus prove to be a far worse guest than Ty Proctor was...

We'll see...

Maybe DWP can let us know the situation with Porsing ? He is always honest with his posts. Whatever the reasons, & I suspect it could be past injuries, Porsing has been very disappointing

Edited by proud panther

16 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Still seems quite a few before you get to Proctor 

No not really - the pattern this season with the triumvirate of Buster’s Clubs has been to provide guests for the one riding if the other two are not.   Since Ipswich were also riding on the evening in question that only left Peterborough riders of which Proctor is one - Wright I doubt would have wanted the booking as he has been ”desperately trying to keep himself fit for Cardiff” (as explained by him on Tues evening) Andersen who has crashed recently himself may not have wanted it or even been in the UK?  Tungate - was he in the UK?  No idea!  Nicholls has been in such poor form in the PL - not a good choice so who is left?   Proctor who at least has plenty of experience of the Saddlebow Road track earlier this season.    That’s my theory for what it’s worth anyway!  

25 minutes ago, maneacat said:

No not really - the pattern this season with the triumvirate of Buster’s Clubs has been to provide guests for the one riding if the other two are not.   Since Ipswich were also riding on the evening in question that only left Peterborough riders of which Proctor is one - Wright I doubt would have wanted the booking as he has been ”desperately trying to keep himself fit for Cardiff” (as explained by him on Tues evening) Andersen who has crashed recently himself may not have wanted it or even been in the UK?  Tungate - was he in the UK?  No idea!  Nicholls has been in such poor form in the PL - not a good choice so who is left?   Proctor who at least has plenty of experience of the Saddlebow Road track earlier this season.    That’s my theory for what it’s worth anyway!  

I would certainly understand Wrights stance. Any rider in his position would probably do the same..

• Like 3

Shame for him and a shame for us.

It was frustrating watching him ride Monday. He had a few opportunities to give it a good go and he just didn't go for it. 

All hype and no substance.

That must really hurt for him too because I would have thought he was expecting to score 6/7 every meeting. To not be as good at something that is the main thing you base your life upon must really cut deep. Maybe he needs a spell on a slicker track that is more suited to him so he can get some confidence up and prove everybody wrong as an away rider next season.

Riders with a point to prove are worth Their weight in gold! He should go somewhere else with that attitude and it will be the making of him. There is a 6 point rider in him. He just needs to find it.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, maneacat said:

The reason he only picks from his 3 teams must be cost, ok well shame Ipswich arn't riding tonight!

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

The reason he only picks from his 3 teams must be cost, ok well shame Ipswich arn't riding tonight!

Not so much "cost" more that from the outset of the season, riders were given the incentive of having a better chance of more guest bookings as (if) they arose from Busters three teams by being part of the pool and thus being possible prefered choice before riders from the other four were considered.  

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You seem to have a thing about Bomber riding tonight. I doubt he will score more than MPT would of.

We had a number 7 that's never seen the place. and no TJ. It's going to be pretty close I think.

I hope Josh's Lynn form continues tonight :). But I expect him to get 7 or so.

The bookies have it close, with Lynn slight favourites.

Lovely day here if any Poole fans are on the way down.

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I would agree that has a part to play in it as well.