British Speedway Forum
BOBBATH

Now I need help from Speedway Historians!!

Firstly thanks to Dave Allan, BL65 , Norbold and other historians (sorry gustix!) for all their research.  Reg  Fearman ( a great speedway historian and a stickler for accuracy in his own right)  recently sent me a copy of a  poster advertising a WCQR meeting at West Ham from years ago  and listing the riders-the date was August 30th. It was either 1949 or 1950-Reg is pretty sure it was 1949-he's probably right but I don't know. Can somebody post the riders scores and heat details for whichever year it was . Again many thanks to all forumlanders for  keeping the history of our wonderful sport  alive and accurate. Does anyone know the details of this meeting and which year it took place, it was obviously a tremendous field of riders-if only those days could come back!!!

Obviously I was not intended to intervene here!!!! Joke!!!

West Ham raced home meetings on a Tuesday. In 1949 the date was August 30. In 1950 the day was a Wednesday.

Details of the 1949 meeting on the ultra-excellent Speedway Researcher website http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/westham1949.pdf

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, BOBBATH said:

Firstly thanks to Dave Allan, BL65 , Norbold and other historians (sorry gustix!) for all their research.  Reg  Fearman ( a great speedway historian and a stickler for accuracy in his own right)  recently sent me a copy of a  poster advertising a WCQR meeting at West Ham from years ago  and listing the riders-the date was August 30th. It was either 1949 or 1950-Reg is pretty sure it was 1949-he's probably right but I don't know. Can somebody post the riders scores and heat details for whichever year it was . Again many thanks to all forumlanders for  keeping the history of our wonderful sport  alive and accurate. Does anyone know the details of this meeting and which year it took place, it was obviously a tremendous field of riders-if only those days could come back!!!

I totally agree - but sadly they won't. :sad:

1 hour ago, BOBBATH said:

-if only those days could come back!!!

38 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

I totally agree - but sadly they won't.

Remember Sean Connery....

Thanx gustix-knew you couldn't be all that bad-clearly you are an officer and a gentleman. Cheers

15 hours ago, False dawn said:

Remember Sean Connery....

Didn't he ride for Wolverhampton? Or was that James Bond?

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 8:29 PM, gustix said:

Obviously I was not intended to intervene here!!!! Joke!!!

West Ham raced home meetings on a Tuesday. In 1949 the date was August 30. In 1950 the day was a Wednesday.

Details of the 1949 meeting on the ultra-excellent Speedway Researcher website http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/westham1949.pdf

Thanks for the Speedway Researcher plug (and the compliment)

Matt