British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

22/09/19 N.L.RC Leicester.

This meeting should be a very interesting one,will it be won by one of the old guard or will one of the young stars win it.I suppose Ellis Perks would be the favourite but i think it could be out of Perks, Kemp, Palin, Hume with maybe Ellis sneaking it.

Stoneman will give them all a run for there money as a spoiler but I think perks will be the favourite and so he should be.

For once its a strong looking line up and could go one of many different directions. Personally i can see Clegg and Rowe on the podium somewhere.

7 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Stoneman will give them all a run for there money as a spoiler but I think perks will be the favourite and so he should be.

Stoneman certainly has the potential but you just feel when watching him that he’s bound to fall at some point. 1 mistake can cost you this meeting. 

• Like 2

I think if everyone turns up, there are enough people in there to take point each other that 12 or 13 points may take the title this year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Stoneman certainly has the potential but you just feel when watching him that he’s bound to fall at some point. 1 mistake can cost you this meeting. 

I feel Stoneman and Hume are in the same category both in/ out racers and a fall could happen at anytime but Hume has regrouped this year and has been excellent for the cubs.

On his day you would have to say Perks but even he has made a few silly mistakes this year with couple of them simply trying to go too fast.

Hume has got better as the season has gone on.

Of the others I've seen this year, Kemp has not looked at all comfortable at Leicester, Rowe has been good value and you can't discount Clegg if he gates.

Perks has to be favourite, Clegg is also on form & Morley has a habit of doing well in the big meetings & when the pressure is on. So thats my 1,2,3.

Perks,,,Clegg,and Morley for me ,,,,,,danger man Hume ...

Morley does seem to always pull something out of the bag at the nlrc. But looking at the field recently it’s only perks who is a heat leader in the championship. I think this could be his year of: premiership winner, premiership supporters cup winner, championship shield winner, championship winner, national league winner, national league ko cup winner, nlrc winner not bad for a kid who 18 months ago wasn’t coming back...

For Morley to be in the mix for me, he will need to up his game from the league meeting a couple of weeks ago.