British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

22/09/19 N.L.RC Leicester.

Every weather report I'm reading says there is a 90% chance of rain in Leicester and most other areas of the country for Sunday.  Hope to goodness they are wrong, as the NLRC is the highlight of the season for me, and as readmission tickets are of no use to me, I don't want to make a wasted journey.  FINGERS CROSSED!! 

Local forecast not good. Does anyone know what the restaging options are? Leicester's two teams could still have 4 more home fixtures to fit in.

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Local forecast not good. Does anyone know what the restaging options are? Leicester's two teams could still have 4 more home fixtures to fit in.

I make it six. Redcar, Cradley, Stoke and three possible Finals!

51 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

The Redcar and Stoke dates are already fixed so there are possibly 4 more to fix.

A lot to squeeze in if tomorrow is off.

Anybody in Leicester that could advise on the weather situation this morning please?  Due to leave home around 9.00am.  Thank You.  

12 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Anybody in Leicester that could advise on the weather situation this morning please?  Due to leave home around 9.00am.  Thank You.  

It’s called off !! Due to forecast 

Bloody weather, I just hope the weather forecast turns out to be correct now.  I wonder when the restaging date will be.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Bloody weather, I just hope the weather forecast turns out to be correct now.  I wonder when the restaging date will be.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not restaged. 

• Sad 1

Nor would I as I’m sure the national league riders championship is the last thing on the bspa’s mind just like our league  is the last thing on the bspa’s mind.

Obviously it turned out to be the right decision, as it did pour with rain there.

We had the same forecast for Norfolk, yet we've had unbroken sun all day, with the temperature peaking at 26 degrees.  It's now 3.50pm, and the sun is shining.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:30 AM, Mimmo said:

With Leicester in the play-offs for the Championship, and also in the play-offs for the NL, and still in the NL KO Cup, (and star man Ellis Perks also in the Premiership play-offs) I would think it's going to be hard to find a restaging date at Beaumont Park.

But surely the answer is simple?   Switch the NLRC to Belle Vue.

Yes Belle Vue are in the NL play-offs and cup final, but they're not in the Premiership play-offs.  The only meeting which has to be staged at BV in October is the NL Cup final.   And they may have to stage the play-off final if they get past Kent in the semi.

So plenty of dates should be available at Belle Vue in October, and even if we get to the back end of October, that track can take any weather. 

Wouldn't that be the best venue for the NLRC?   If we've got a National Stadium, why shouldn't the National League use it?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

With Leicester in the play-offs for the Championship, and also in the play-offs for the NL, and still in the NL KO Cup, (and star man Ellis Perks also in the Premiership play-offs) I would think it's going to be hard to find a restaging date at Beaumont Park.

But surely the answer is simple?   Switch the NLRC to Belle Vue.

Yes Belle Vue are in the NL play-offs and cup final, but they're not in the Premiership play-offs.  The only meeting which has to be staged at BV in October is the NL Cup final.   And they may have to stage the play-off final if they get past Kent in the semi.

So plenty of dates should be available at Belle Vue in October, and even if we get to the back end of October, that track can take any weather. 

Wouldn't that be the best venue for the NLRC?   If we've got a National Stadium, why shouldn't the National League use it?

I think that it should be staged at Stoke as their final meeting

• Like 1