British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich Play Off Semi 1st leg. 23/9/19

So a repeat of last week with Ipswich back to Wimborne Road. Hopefully the track staff would have been working in that first bend bump. And turned it into a hill!:lol:

Seriously this should be tight over two legs with Ipswich having a free practice on it already. But whoever makes it through this semi is going to be very much the underdog.

Bring it on!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So a repeat of last week with Ipswich back to Wimborne Road. Hopefully the track staff would have been working in that first bend bump. And turned it into a hill!:lol:

Seriously this should be tight over two legs with Ipswich having a free practice on it already. But whoever makes it through this semi is going to be very much the underdog.

Bring it on!

You've finished top of the league, and your underdogs for the title ? Christ this record has worn out all of the grooves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

You've finished top of the league, and your underdogs for the title ? Christ this record has worn out all of the grooves.

We just imagined Wolves win at Poole a couple of weeks ago then? We are riding well above ourselves. Both Swindon and Wolves are way stronger, and you know it.

The worst thing possible would be to take Ipswich for granted. Therefore I'm sure Neil will have the boys up for it over the 2 legs.

Job is only half done and still a long way to go without the Ipswich riders been given extra incentive with Poole appearing overconfident. personally I give respect to Ipswich for getting to the playoffs.

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We just imagined Wolves win at Poole a couple of weeks ago then? We are riding well above ourselves. Both Swindon and Wolves are way stronger, and you know it.

So when and if Poole win the title will be it be an incredible backs to the wall performance ? Nobody can say you aren't predictable. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Oh idk. Masters will be super tired now. Hopefully Tegan makes him do through the night nappy changes ;) :P. Rory didn't do great at Pboro.

With Ricky's form improved after his rest, I think us and Swindon are evenly matched. 

I think we are slightly better than Ipswich but it is a potential banana skin. Be interesting to see how it all works out! 

I hope Ipswich win seeing as they are the underdogs. But they have absolutely NO CHANCE. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beowulf said:

So when and if Poole win the title will be it be an incredible backs to the wall performance ? Nobody can say you aren't predictable. 

At least I am honest in my prediction. Seriously, we can’t compete with the Swindon top five or top two. Plus their reserves are scoring. Wolves reserves outscored us at Poole 21 v 1. 

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

At least I am honest in my prediction. Seriously, we can’t compete with the Swindon top five or top two. Plus their reserves are scoring. Wolves reserves outscored us at Poole 21 v 1. 

Do you seriously think that IF Wolves meet Poole that the reserves scores would be the same again ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Leave Steve alone, when he says we are going to struggle, we win and when he says we will do good, we lose! 

1 minute ago, Beowulf said:

Do you seriously think that IF Wolves meet Poole that the reserves scores would be the same again ?

Perhaps not but both rides Poole like heat leaders.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps not but both rides Poole like heat leaders.

Is that a no then ?

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We get the message Steve .. Poole are massive underdogs and when they win it will be against all the odds 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orion said:

We get the message Steve .. Poole are massive underdogs and when they win it will be against all the odds 

Forgetting they were favourites at the start of the season, finished top as predicted but are underdogs, same old record every year.

• Like 2

Making the plays is already over achieving  for us Witches in most peoples book

To make the final would be an unrealistic hope when we have to take on the table toppers having just clung on to 4th by our fingernails

Keeping the first leg within 20 will be the first task. Need it 10 or under to have any chance

Whatever will be will be

• Like 2