British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich Play Off Semi 1st leg. 23/9/19

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Well Sheffield rode on a Thurs a few weeks ago! So if they can use one of our nights then we can use theirs!!

Of course they can but if there are any d/u riders, they would be riding for their PL clubs if they have meetings

If Poole cannot fit the meeting in by the cut of date the club going forward to the final could be the winners of the meeting at Ipswich :wink:

Edited by A ORLOV

32 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

They rode on a Wednesday night at home 

Yeah, looks like it. Could have sworn it was a Thurs! Obv a slow week that week for me then lol. If no one has a fixture clash on Friday might be the best one to go for. 

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, looks like it. Could have sworn it was a Thurs! Obv a slow week that week for me then lol. If no one has a fixture clash on Friday might be the best one to go for. 

Unfortunately I can think of at least five riders who will not be able to make Friday.

1 hour ago, WembleyLion said:

Unfortunately I can think of at least five riders who will not be able to make Friday.

Ah well. Worth a thought! 

I know Ipswich have problems with stadium availability on Mondays so How about Thurs (Poole) and Saturday (Ipswich) which still gives the Witches the second leg?  Lawson might be missing for Ippo? Not sure what European commitments there might be?

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I know Ipswich have problems with stadium availability on Mondays so How about Thurs (Poole) and Saturday (Ipswich) which still gives the Witches the second leg?  Lawson might be missing for Ippo? Not sure what European commitments there might be?

Wow! Who knew..............?? 

1 minute ago, daz9100 said:

Just announced - tomorrow postponed - now Thursday at Poole - Saturday at Foxhall

https://poole-speedway.com/news/view/22-09-19-witches-meeting-postponed

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Just announced - tomorrow postponed - now Thursday at Poole - Saturday at Foxhall

Sensible decision.

• Like 1

Lawson has been pants at Foxhall for a while, rr might do Ipswich a huge favour, if they could somehow get Heeps to hurt a shoulder or something in the workshop for the first leg, that would be another bonus. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fixer2 said:

Has anyone seen the weather forecast for Thursday!!!

Whoops.... just had a peek at the BBC forecast. I see what you mean.

Perhaps this meeting needs to be run after the final. Just like Wolves vs. P'Boro in the (PSC). :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

Has anyone seen the weather forecast for Thursday!!!

Rain  but not as much as monday

Just now, A ORLOV said:

Rain  but not as much as monday

Showers 70% chance during the day and 60% chance in the evening! Though you are right about not as much as it was 100% chance for tomorrow with 1.2cm predicted. 

Are Poole concerned that excessive rain might smooth out the track? :D