British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich Play Off Semi 1st leg. 23/9/19

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Common sense from all involved.

I want Lawson to ride he has been with us all season

But where does the words common sense appear in the rule book?

If the rules state that Lawson has to ride for Eastbourne then so be it..................you cant change a rule just to apply common sense.........oh wait last years play off final the rules were changed to allow Morris to ride

I think the rule book should be scrapped and then we can just get Poole speedway and its fans to just decide what 'common sense' is at the business end of the season.

If Eastbourne and Ipswich have come to an agreement then so be it........irony if Lawson becomes a match winner

Edited by Gavan

18 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If the rules state that Lawson has to ride for Eastbourne then so be it..................you cant change a rule just to apply common sense.........oh wait last years play off final the rules were changed to allow Morris to ride

I think the rule book should be scrapped and then we can just get Poole speedway and its fans to just decide what 'common sense' is at the business end of the season.

If Eastbourne and Ipswich have come to an agreement then so be it........irony if Lawson becomes a match winner

Richards also rode for Eastbourne all season and us Eastie fans would like to see him riding in our last meeting, even if it's not as Important as a play off.

8 minutes ago, woofers said:

Thanks, although something a bit more official, I.e from Ipswich, Eastbourne or dare I suggest, the BSPA / SCB, would be nice.

“He’s riding for us mate” on social media from the manager is about as good as it gets now I guess.

Is "He's riding for us mate" official confirmation or just wishful thinking by Ritchie Hawkins ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, woofers said:

Thanks, although something a bit more official, I.e from Ipswich, Eastbourne or dare I suggest, the BSPA / SCB, would be nice.

“He’s riding for us mate” on social media from the manager is about as good as it gets now I guess.

Hawkins May be a bit of a dufus with some of his (non)decisions during meetings, but this sort of stuff he definitely knows. 

im sure more will come in the coming hours/days from more places. 

39 minutes ago, Gavan said:

As agreed by Kings Lynn, Morris to ride both legs for Poole, and Ellis both legs for Kings Lynn 

Edited by Arthur54

When BT fixed the dates I assume they didn't bother to tell the weather, speedway will never learn, late September onwards, its mostly a wash out.

Wouldn’t it be a real turn up if Captain. chaos, Ritchie Hawkins put one over The Ginger Warrior ?  Poole fans and Middlo would never live that one down 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Anyone in the Poole area who can let us know if the right decision was made to postpone today ?

It's been hacking it down since around half three

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It is still a valid league match. The cut-off date is simply an arbitrary date to allow the play-off teams to be known. The season carries on until 31st October. I would expect the matter had been discussed and resolved prior to the date being announced.

Of course, I meant to add that even tho it’s still an official league fixture it’s priority is trumped by that of a more important Play Off fixture.

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The same situation will now arise on 13th October - Newcastle v Redcar in CLKOC final, Wolverhampton v Peterborough in PST. (Charles Wright and Ulrich Ostergaard).

Didn’t think the PST will be classed as more important tho?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Wouldn’t be ironic at all. It would be fine as he is an Ipswich rider. Clearly with all the bleating you are doing about hoping he would ride for Eastbourne so that in your mind Ipswich could gain an advantage with r/r, it isn’t going to happen. Tough luck. He is riding for Ipswich. Both teams at full strength. 

1 hour ago, hammer1969 said:

Richards also rode for Eastbourne all season and us Eastie fans would like to see him riding in our last meeting, even if it's not as Important as a play off.

And im in agreement with you..............meeting importance doesnt come into it ...rules are rules

45 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

As agreed by Kings Lynn, Morris to ride both legs for Poole, and Ellis both legs for Kings Lynn 

So the clubs just decide who can ride then rather then the rulebook...........Kings Lynn agree to use Tai in the final and agree Poole can have Zmarzlik..........

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wouldn’t be ironic at all. It would be fine as he is an Ipswich rider. Clearly with all the bleating you are doing about hoping he would ride for Eastbourne so that in your mind Ipswich could gain an advantage with r/r, it isn’t going to happen. Tough luck. He is riding for Ipswich. Both teams at full strength. 

Where have i said i want him to ride for Eastbourne??? Try reading the line where ive said that i want him to ride for us as he did all season....and a valid point made by hammer1969 that he has also ridden for Eastbourne to.

R/R wouldnt make us stronger much of a muchness............would rather have our full 1-7

Im a firm believer in the rules of speedway and i know as a Poole fan you probably dont understand that line of thinking

If Lawson does or doesnt ride , if Poole dont get through it will be the biggest choke in play off history.........unlikely there has been a hotter favourite in the semis since the play offs began.....i just hope we can keep the score respectable

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

And im in agreement with you..............meeting importance doesnt come into it ...rules are rules

So the clubs just decide who can ride then rather then the rulebook...........Kings Lynn agree to use Tai in the final and agree Poole can have Zmarzlik..........

Where have i said i want him to ride for Eastbourne??? Try reading the line where ive said that i want him to ride for us as he did all season....and a valid point made by hammer1969 that he has also ridden for Eastbourne to.

R/R wouldnt make us stronger much of a muchness............would rather have our full 1-7

Im a firm believer in the rules of speedway and i know as a Poole fan you probably dont understand that line of thinking

If Lawson does or doesnt ride , if Poole dont get through it will be the biggest choke in play off history.........unlikely there has been a hotter favourite in the semis since the play offs began.....i just hope we can keep the score respectable

Yes please can we have Zmarzlik at reserve 

• Like 1