British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich Play Off Semi 1st leg. 23/9/19

19 minutes ago, Gavan said:

And im in agreement with you..............meeting importance doesnt come into it ...rules are rules

So the clubs just decide who can ride then rather then the rulebook...........Kings Lynn agree to use Tai in the final and agree Poole can have Zmarzlik..........

Where have i said i want him to ride for Eastbourne??? Try reading the line where ive said that i want him to ride for us as he did all season....and a valid point made by hammer1969 that he has also ridden for Eastbourne to.

R/R wouldnt make us stronger much of a muchness............would rather have our full 1-7

Im a firm believer in the rules of speedway and i know as a Poole fan you probably dont understand that line of thinking

If Lawson does or doesnt ride , if Poole dont get through it will be the biggest choke in play off history.........unlikely there has been a hotter favourite in the semis since the play offs began.....i just hope we can keep the score respectable

Not again Gavan?!  Yeah we get it. 'If Poole lose they will have choked'! How many times have you repeated this. Please give it a rest and come up with something new.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Anyone in the Poole area who can let us know if the right decision was made to postpone today ?

Oh definitely. Noah agrees too :D :P

1 hour ago, marko said:

When BT fixed the dates I assume they didn't bother to tell the weather, speedway will never learn, late September onwards, its mostly a wash out.

All the Wembley World Finals were in September and never one was cancelled due to bad weather

53 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Of course, I meant to add that even tho it’s still an official league fixture it’s priority is trumped by that of a more important Play Off fixture.

Didn’t think the PST will be classed as more important tho?

You could add Art 16.1 to the mix!

Fixtures shall take priority as follows:

FIM Speedway Grand Prix
Speedway Of Nations
Speedway Grand Prix Qualifying Meetings
FIM U21 World Speedway Championship Meetings
FIM Speedway European Championship
FIM Europe U21 Championship
British Championships (Senior, Junior)
BSPA Shared and Fee Events
Official Competitions: 1. SGB Premiership; 2. SGB Championship; 3. National Development League.
NB. Non-Official Competitions have no priority over any of the above.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mickthemuppet said:

All the Wembley World Finals were in September and never one was cancelled due to bad weather

We haven't had that many play offs cancelled. 

1 minute ago, mickthemuppet said:

Yes, before yesterday it has been very dry in September. Just a bit unlucky that playoffs have collided with a rainy week. 

Just now, foreverblue said:

We haven't had that many play offs cancelled. 

Poole vs Swindon playoff final when Swindon won it got called off a few times, if I remember correctly.

9 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

FIM Speedway Grand Prix
Speedway Of Nations
Official Competitions: 1. SGB Premiership; 2. SGB Championship; 3. National Development League.

Surely non official competitions would mean friendlies which neither of the meetings on Saturday are.

12 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Surely non official competitions would mean friendlies which neither of the meetings on Saturday are.

Look at the line above that. At face value there’s two consecutive rules 16.1 and 16.1.1 which contradict each other!

Edited by NeilWatson

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole vs Swindon playoff final when Swindon won it got called off a few times, if I remember correctly.

Yes there have been some but not that many considering. 

35 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Look at the line above that. At face value there’s two consecutive rules 16.1 and 16.1.1 which contradict each other!

What a surprise ! (Not!).

Do you think the fact that 16.1.1 is in bold typeface might indicate that it maybe relevant and have priority over 16.1 ?

Perhaps not, but the rules are quite clear but it now seems that priorities are organised not by the rules but by what someone thinks is a more ‘important’ meeting. 

I like to hear a comment from the Eastbourne promotion.

Edited by woofers

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Not again Gavan?!  Yeah we get it. 'If Poole lose they will have choked'! How many times have you repeated this. Please give it a rest and come up with something new.

He seems to think if he says it enough times we will believe him. Instead we just laugh at his continuous guff.

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

FIM Speedway Grand Prix
Speedway Of Nations

This needs making much simpler! No wonder the rule book can be interpreted to suit most arguments!