British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich Play Off Semi 1st leg. 23/9/19

20 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Double figures for Bomber then.... :D

With his grasstrack experience he should cope well with any undulating parts of the track.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

With his grasstrack experience he should cope well with any undulating parts of the track.

Good because theres plenty of them. 

I remember Guy offering a bonus on a previous occasion to win something. Didn't happen then, but this time could be different.   I know everyone is important and they all need to play there part, but I still have concerns over Heeps at 2 tonight and track prep on Saturday. 

If my concerns are proved unfounded, then we have a good shout of making it to the final. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 8:40 PM, stevebrum said:

It’s on but might not be in the schedule yet as it’s a reschedule.

Thanks all. It wasn't on the planner on my Sky box at the time, but has now changed. So I'm ready now. Will take the telephone off the hook, warm up the armchair, box of chocs and coffee to hand and may the best team win! Lets hope the weather holds out and they are both close exciting meetings.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

How's the weather in Poole? What are the chances of tonight going ahead? 

Fine no problem sun shining 

• Thanks 1

Should be dry but cold wind tonight!! As Rayc says above its sunny at the moment and forecast to continue this afternoon and evening. Might be the odd shower.

Not been down to the track today but someone has posted on FB that track covers have been utilised?!

Anyway nice to see Ippo's sponsor offering a cash incentive if they bring home silverware - I reckon he's on a fairly safe bet there.

Meanwhile the Poole side are all having their carpets cleaned!!:rofl::rofl::t:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Well this is when the —— rubbishe stops ,Ipswich to give the Poole tools a lesson on thier turf tonite and finish them off at home Saturday nite with a convincing win on what the team was built on ,solid 1 to 7 with a real number 1 

You had a nice dream last night?  Sounds like you are still asleep :wink:

23 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

You had a nice dream last night?  Sounds like you are still asleep :wink:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ipswich keep it close tonight to be honest, I think both semi finals could be really tight

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We (Poole) really need to hit the ground running as we’ve done in a few semi finals at home 12-6 after 3 heats will help the lads relax and go out and hit a big score.

Often heard Football Managers talk about Bumps in the Road    as a negative thing during a season. When it’s talked about at Poole it’s deemed a positive 

Edited by semion
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, semion said:

Often heard Football Managers talk about Bumps in the Road    as a negative thing during a season. When it’s talked about at Poole it’s deemed a positive 

home advantage .could be different tonight though with the rain we have had this week looking forward to a close meeting 

I expect the track to chop up tonight.  The rain will have collected in the holes and will make soft patches.  Could work in Ipswich’s favour. However the pirates are very capable of winning at foxhall.  

Should be a great semi final. Good luck and safe  riding to both teams. 

• Like 2