British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich Play Off Semi 1st leg. 23/9/19

You say it was the greatest come back ever. But only a few mo ths ago we was 16 points up at heat 8 and managed to not win against you. So it isnt a shock. 

Poznan let a 30 point lead go last week. And Edinburgh have let a 30 point lead go. So it's no surprise.

But well done Poole. You can never write them off

6 hours ago, FreddyS said:

But you weren't at the meeting were you. Atmosphere.... Awesome... Pirates... AWESOME... Fkg awesome.    Whatever it looked like on TV I don't give a sh1te. The meeting win was...... Awesome... Sorry did I say it was awesome..... It was AMAZINGLY Awesome....... Whatever the end result... Don't matter... That was AWESOME...... Thank you and goodnight whingers. 

Damn right. The attendance was pitiful (hardly surprising with rescheduling, rain and TV), but it felt like a packed stadium for the final three heats. Brilliant atmosphere.

• Like 2

10 point lead for Poole to take to Foxhole should be plenty.  However it’s all Poole’s to chuck away.   With the Pirates habit of choking I can see this going to heat 30.

• Haha 1

:blink: How the hell did Ipswich give up that lead !!! An enjoyable meeting to watch from a neutral but I really thought Ippo had done the job. I can't see Poole letting this go now unfortunately. Expected much more from Iversen, a GP rider , pretty poor all night and let the Witches down in vital heats . Why teams still keep signing Sargeant is beyond me, he's absolute garbage , he's done nothing since he took the pi** out of Workington a few seasons ago, :party:that's karma for ya...

Anyway all set up for a decent meeting at Ippo tomorrow night , need the track suited to the home riders otherwise I feel Poole will run riot , best of luck Ipswich , the underdogs can always spoil a party :t:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, semion said:

10 point lead for Poole to take to Foxhole should be plenty.  However it’s all Poole’s to chuck away.   With the Pirates habit of choking I can see this going to heat 30.

So did Ipswich choke last night?

45 minutes ago, semion said:

And you were questioning about the importance of Team Managers??   :t:

• Like 1

Strange meeting but credit to Poole for that comeback, would expect them to make the final now. Dismal 2nd half of the meeting from Ipswich though, only Harris even looked like beating a Poole rider.

Hackney's win at Halifax in 1980 was quite impressive. 31-16 down after 8 heats, four 5-1's and a shared last heat and we win 39-38. Plus we had 3 riders who didn't score a point between them!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Col said:

WTF was that? It was little other than a total farce on an awful track.

Who did Ipswich sign NKI as replacement for? It's with a heavy heart I say this because for a time he was my favourite GP rider but bring back whoever he replaced because that was the second awful showing from him that I've unfortunately witnessed in a couple of weeks.

Could no one in the Ipswich side of the pits figure out that Middlo's genius team talk was? Tell the Poole riders to set their bikes up to gate & ride the white line, while telling the track re+grade team to scrape the nitro boost near the fence exiting turn two?

Middlo is clearly more genius than Hawkins & Louis.

At least the Pirates should make the final a contest. The Witches would be steam rollered by either Wolves or Swindon.

When the going gets tough, Iversen disappears

So after an incredible evening at Wimborne Road last night and now watched the TV version, I have also trawled through over a dozen pages on this thread. Its quite funny how the tone of the posts changes whether one is a fan, a neutral or a 'moaner/hater'.  Very funny.

Don't think I have anything to add that hasn't already been stated, other than I don't agree that the attendance was lower than last week - I thought it was more than reasonable considering the rain before the meeting. The only thing that worries me slightly is THJ's left arm/shoulder injury - he damaged it doing Longtrack a couple of weekends ago and he was clearly in some discomfort after the meeting, so his performance was even more remarkable last night.

PS. Afterwards there was quite a bit of rumouring about rider-movements for 2020 - but then there always is at this time of the season!  Should make for another interesting Winter of discussion!!  If any prove to be true, then Belle Vue, Somerset and Poole should have some very interesting line-ups.

PPS. Also a whisper that Poole is no longer pro-actively up for sale!!!! but just like any other club, if the right offer comes in...............!?

Edited by Skidder1

Well after recording it and watching it today many points come to light

The result was expected , a 10 point defeat, but obviously the manner of the defeat was the problem

To be nicely in front and then lose by 10 should never happen but it can do

Poole fans should be worried that if they are that poor early doors against better sides there is now way they will get close and possibly the final will be very one sided

Can Ipswich get 10 points back.........no........or Poole will have had the biggest of chokes......dont forget Poole have won twice at Foxhall so they should actually win the meeting rather than keep it tight.

We need to hit them hard early but the problem is Poole have riders like Kurtz , Klindt and Holder who ride Foxhall better than they do Poole...add in Covatti and then its clear why Poole are hot favourites

THJ is poor at our place but Wells isnt so that evens out

People having a pop at Iversen forget he cant stand Poole and neither can Heeps

At the end of the day we have had a good season just a shame we couldnt beat the title favourites when we had a chance

Poole will win the second leg as well

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

So did Ipswich choke last night?

In the first half or the 2nd half of the meeting do you mean ? And in turn did Poole choke I n the first half ?

Edited by semion

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Well after recording it and watching it today many points come to light

The result was expected , a 10 point defeat, but obviously the manner of the defeat was the problem

To be nicely in front and then lose by 10 should never happen but it can do

Poole fans should be worried that if they are that poor early doors against better sides there is now way they will get close and possibly the final will be very one sided

Can Ipswich get 10 points back.........no........or Poole will have had the biggest of chokes......dont forget Poole have won twice at Foxhall so they should actually win the meeting rather than keep it tight.

We need to hit them hard early but the problem is Poole have riders like Kurtz , Klindt and Holder who ride Foxhall better than they do Poole...add in Covatti and then its clear why Poole are hot favourites

THJ is poor at our place but Wells isnt so that evens out

People having a pop at Iversen forget he cant stand Poole and neither can Heeps

At the end of the day we have had a good season just a shame we couldnt beat the title favourites when we had a chance

Poole will win the second leg as well

What a wonderful way of covering all your bases (thats a baseball term btw).  Heeps was publicly giving it large before the meeting, but apart from being gifted a point or so, he hasn't really performed since he came out of reserve.

'Poole have riders like Kurtz, Klindt and Holder', but Kurtz always 'goes missing' in the later heats according to you but 'still rides Foxhole better than Poole'?!

Everyone of your posts involving Poole always has a positive and negative argument, so you can always come back and say you got it right.  Very repetitive as usual.

• Like 3