British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich Play Off Semi 1st leg. 23/9/19

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Can I have £1000 each way on the Witches (so long as it pays to 4 places:))

You'll be behind me ;) 

Wishing your boys all the best against the Pirates. I must be mad, but it is Poole :)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Swindon are favourites, but only just.

Swindon 2.62

Poole 3.00

Wolves 3.00

Ippo 11.00

For non betting people every pound you put on Swindon, you get £2.62 back. Poole and Wolves £3.00 And Ippo £11.

For the betting uninitiated - Ipswich sounds like by far the best bet! £11 back instead of £2.62! I never did understand odds much nor the allure of betting. But we are all different!

26 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

For the betting uninitiated - Ipswich sounds like by far the best bet! £11 back instead of £2.62! I never did understand odds much nor the allure of betting. But we are all different!

For the betting uninitiated - what it actually means is, put a £1 on Ipswich and it goes in the bookies satchel never to see the light of day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

For the betting uninitiated - what it actually means is, put a £1 on Ipswich and it goes in the bookies satchel never to see the light of day.

do you get your money back if its rained of :party:

I keep checking the various weather forecasts as we get closer to Monday - and they're still all say we're gonna get a deluge Monday afternoon/evening!! - and thats even after heavy rain on Sunday too.

I know everyone in authority is probably focussed on Cardiff today but an early decision and an announcement about a rearrangement date would go down well with fans.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Thinking ahead is not the strong point of our UK speedway "leaders", especially if something more glamourous and alluring is just in front of them. Cardiff is blazers on time!

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I would think monday week if rained off

That's when Wolves have their home leg, so that might put BT in a pickle.

Just now, cityrebel said:

Maybe Wednesday?

are any of the riders riding in the Swedish playoff finals 

Ever seen a poor bookie...........

Swindon are marginal favourites and then Poole and Wolves the same odds and Ipswich at double figures

So all this crap from Shovlar about being underdogs is as usual a load of trolling bull

Poole favourites at the start......favourites all season until the start of August......and now only marginally behind Swindon in the betting................basically any 1 of the top 3 would not be classed as underdogs and certainly not the team who have finished top of the table

Every match Poole are the underdogs..............i guess somehow Ipswich will be stronger on Monday or he will think Poole will just about win by 2.....

I cant see it happening but how funny would it be if we could beat them over 2 legs..............

Im sure when Poole win by 10-12 Monday night it will be 'unexpected' and Pirate pride lol

1 hour ago, ray c said:

are any of the riders riding in the Swedish playoff finals 

Possibly, I'm out of touch with it all. I'm only interested in domestic speedway.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I cant see it happening but how funny would it be if we could beat them over 2 legs..............

Im sure when Poole win by 10-12 Monday night it will be 'unexpected' and Pirate pride lol

Yup, and you would gloat from now untill christmas. But you were knowhere to be seen for months when we won the league  last year. Funny that. Personally i have Wolves as slight favourites of 4.

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yup, and you would gloat from now untill christmas. But you were knowhere to be seen for months when we won the league  last year. Funny that. Personally i have Wolves as slight favourites of 4.

Think you will find i congratulated your real fans on winning the league.............short memory but expected

And all you do is gloat.............so hell yes if by a miracle Poole choke then i will be on here every day all day

28 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

and so he should because you would do the same :party:even worse

Edited by ray c
  • Like 7