British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich Play Off Semi 1st leg. 23/9/19

Richard Lawson will ride for Ipswich on Saturday as i am sure Eastbourne will release him for the night as the meeting against Birmingham is nothing more than a challenge match. It would be much better having a 1-7 against Poole.

15 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Are Poole concerned that excessive rain might smooth out the track? :D

I thought the exceptional high tides did that :wink: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Suffolkpunch said:

Richard Lawson will ride for Ipswich on Saturday as i am sure Eastbourne will release him for the night as the meeting against Birmingham is nothing more than a challenge match. It would be much better having a 1-7 against Poole.

In the best interests of preserving the integrity of the sport Richard Lawson will now be declared as being injured. This enables both Eastbourne & Ipswich to use r/r for him on the same evening. :D

• Like 2

Sensible call. There was no point waiting for tomorrow and then cancel once the cameras had arrived and were in place. Saturday to Ipswich. Should be fun and hopefully produce a bigger crowd.

19 minutes ago, Suffolkpunch said:

Shouldnt be allowed... if I were an Eastbourne fan I wouldnt be happy about it... 

Joke sport anyways... how many other sports would change the date of a match from a Thursday to a Saturday when it's been advertised for a couple of weeks? Wonder who many people have plans for Saturday? Especially with ITFC playing at home at 3pm

I'm an Ipswich fan and wouldn't be happy about it,,, would rather have a guest like Tungate that could actually score double figures 

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sensible call. There was no point waiting for tomorrow and then cancel once the cameras had arrived and were in place. Saturday to Ipswich. Should be fun and hopefully produce a bigger crowd.

Lisa said 70%  chance of showers during the day, and 60% in the evening. Is it raining now?

28 minutes ago, Lefty said:

In the best interests of preserving the integrity of the sport Richard Lawson will now be declared as being injured. This enables both Eastbourne & Ipswich to use r/r for him on the same evening. :D

They could both have a guest !

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Lawson has been pants at Foxhall for a while, rr might do Ipswich a huge favour, if they could somehow get Heeps to hurt a shoulder or something in the workshop for the first leg, that would be another bonus. 

Ha, know what you mean but that would get him a ban for 7 days. 'flu' or a migraine would be better. Being serious, I think he'll do much better next time 

Premiership meetings have been fixed on Monday and Thursday nights.  I know Ipswich v Poole is an important meeting but as an Eastbourne fan I shall be very unhappy if Richard Lawson doesn't ride for us on Saturday and I will seriously consider not going if he's not riding and I think many other Eastie supporters may feel the same, BSPA fixed the premiership nights and the Premiership teams should respect that when changing meeting dates.

• Like 1

As part of the agreement to switch nights Ipswich asked the BSPA (Uncle Buster)if they can use Craig Cook on Saturday for Lawson... all in the best interests of the sport. 

Welcome to the Witches Craig :t:

20 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Premiership meetings have been fixed on Monday and Thursday nights.  I know Ipswich v Poole is an important meeting but as an Eastbourne fan I shall be very unhappy if Richard Lawson doesn't ride for us on Saturday and I will seriously consider not going if he's not riding and I think many other Eastie supporters may feel the same, BSPA fixed the premiership nights and the Premiership teams should respect that when changing meeting dates.

aRT 16.1.1 - Priority will be given to riders participating in the SGB Premiership League on Mondays and Thursdays. Priority will be given to riders participating in the SGB Championship League on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

19 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

As part of the agreement to switch nights Ipswich asked the BSPA (Uncle Buster)if they can use Craig Cook on Saturday for Lawson... all in the best interests of the sport. 

Welcome to the Witches Craig :t:

Cook doesn't fit, Charles Wright has a CL fixture - Ben Barker?

Edited by NeilWatson

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't think Nick Morris did last year?

Good point...

14 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Cook doesn't fit, Charles Wright has a CL fixture - Ben Barker?

Cook does.... if in the best interests of the sport... 

Rules were bent year that allowed Nick Morris to ride 

• Like 1