Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Play-offs

So it’s Leicester vs Cradley with dates TBC and next weekend it’s Belle Vue vs Kent!

Unfortunately Leicester are going to embarrass Cradley but the other tie is hard to predict and so is the final! Belle Vue’s home advantage could carry them through, Kent look the strongest side on paper now finally everyone is fit but then Leicester topped the league! Least clear cut for a few years imo. 

• Like 2

Leicester will get through quite easily. The other one will really be close. That will be as exciting as the final i think. Going to the one at BV. Cannot wait.

Belle vue I think are still too strong for Kent Rathbone should be able to clean up the other reserves. 

38 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Belle vue I think are still too strong for Kent Rathbone should be able to clean up the other reserves. 

I too think that Belle Vue will edge that semi final but Spooner at reserve for Kent is a huge trump card that said i think the title will depend upon RTD and ultimately end up with Cubs hands on the trophy.

• Like 1

Not the strength in depth in NDL this season as past seasons, especially with brummies and eastbourne moving up but the "big 3" make the semis plus Cradley.

Impossible not to see Leicester in Final as Clegg cant ride in every race and Heathens have little else.

Kent have a bigger home track advantage than Belle Vue and Bickley seems to struggle at Kent so could be very close but in current for Flint/Bickley/Bailey/Palin just have edge and I think Turn Two makes valid point about reserves so narrow BV win.

Colts v King’s is a close call....but I give th3 Colts as slight favourites.

Looking forward to the Colts Saturdaynight meeting and hopefully next year , The Colts can maximise Saturday nights as Stoke have now closed.

Edited by Gunner85

6 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

You’ve not seen Jake Mulford then!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GWC said:

You’ve not seen Jake Mulford then!

I have and I’ve also seen his machinery 

1 hour ago, TurnTwo said:

I have and I’ve also seen his machinery 

Mulford has averaged 8.33 inc bonus points in his 2 appearances for Kent, not bad for someone with duff machinery.

Spooner looked to be back to fitness at Cradley so if Mulford does ride home & away & Ledwith is back to full fitness the semi will go to Kent. If Kent have to go with a borrowed 2 point rider at reserve ( like most of the season so far) i think B V will just about win it.

Im sure B Vue will say that Bickley is due a good meeting at Kent & i can't believe we will see the same Bailey as the last time B Vue were at Kent.

All in all the tie is on a knife edge & I'm sure there will be some great racing. Im looking forward to the meetings with B V more than going to Cardiff tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Mulford has averaged 8.33 inc bonus points in his 2 appearances for Kent, not bad for someone with duff machinery.

Spooner looked to be back to fitness at Cradley so if Mulford does ride home & away & Ledwith is back to full fitness the semi will go to Kent. If Kent have to go with a borrowed 2 point rider at reserve ( like most of the season so far) i think B V will just about win it.

Im sure B Vue will say that Bickley is due a good meeting at Kent & i can't believe we will see the same Bailey as the last time B Vue were at Kent.

All in all the tie is on a knife edge & I'm sure there will be some great racing. Im looking forward to the meetings with B V more than going to Cardiff tomorrow. 

2 appearances I make 6 (official and unofficial) 

He’s ridden: 

young lions 8+2 from 5 

Mildenhall 9+3 from 5 

Belle Vue 10+3 from 7 

Stoke FX - from 1 

cradley 5+3 from 6

Belle vue 3 +2 from 4 

35 + 13 / 28 5 or 6.85 with bonus points not sure what your rose tinted glasses are seeing but he’s no Kemp/Brennan/Bickley/Jenkins/Palin/Gilkes/Flint 2 pointer - not saying he’s not good but he’s not set the world alight yet. Plus has he actually ridden any speedway tracks other than Kent and kings lynn? 

Edited by TurnTwo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

He’s ridden: 

young lions 8+2 from 5 

Mildenhall 9+3 from 5 

Belle Vue 10+3 from 7 

Stoke FX - from 1 

cradley 5+3 from 6

Belle vue 3 +2 from 4 

35 + 13 / 28 5 or 6.85 with bonus points not sure what your rose tinted glasses are seeing but he’s no Kemp/Brennan/Bickley/Jenkins/Palin/Gilkes/Flint 2 pointer - not saying he’s not good but he’s not set the world alight yet. Plus has he actually ridden any speedway tracks other than Kent and kings lynn? 

I wouldn’t complain at someone tripling his average when coming into the season partway through it. 

32 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

He’s ridden: 

young lions 8+2 from 5 

Mildenhall 9+3 from 5 

Belle Vue 10+3 from 7 

Stoke FX - from 1 

cradley 5+3 from 6

Belle vue 3 +2 from 4 

Think its pretty obvious i was referring to league matches only.

Whats it got to do with rose tinted glasses & Kemp/Brennan etc?  Where am i comparing him to them?

You said Rathbone would clean up the reserves i was pointing out that in fact Mulford was pretty good. If you like, how about Mulford average 6.85,  Rathbone average at home is 5.71 & away 3.80. Not forgetting Spooner also at reserve, 7.11 average away & 5.50 at home. You still think Rathbone will clean up?

Rathbone has also gained experience at 2&4 this year whereas spooner has spent the majority injured and Mulford only ridden Kent at number 7