British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Play-offs

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Rathbone has also gained experience at 2&4 this year whereas spooner has spent the majority injured and Mulford only ridden Kent at number 7 

I have been amazed at the ability of a 15 year old when watching MUlford.  He beats the best on Grass and even though he shows his inexperience,

he is a real Tiger on a bike at Speedway. Don't know how he'll fare at NSS because the home boys have it licked, but I don't think he'll disappoint.

Wish I could see him there. Spooner has also surprised me after his lay off.  Seems to have done him good !

I hope spooner has come back revitalised because he seems to be one of those riders that could end up as a heat leader in this league but then other times shows that he can’t? Obviously injuries have hindered him.. but again only looking at the updates Heaney only beaten riders you’d expect him to beat? 

4+1 against young lions 

In which he beat sheldon Davies twice and leek once and James Laker. 

I see he then went to Cradley and got 9+1 from 5 beating 

McGurk, Chattin Wooley

Chattin 

mcgurk,Harris, ledwith (fx)

then mcgurk twice more so actually since his lay off he’s beaten one team mate who fell and a second string once and 6 2 pointers... I hope he proves me wrong as it’ll set up an excellent semi final if he’s firing. 

9 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Add another no score for spooner...

With respect it was largely a strong heat leader level field and he only completed 2 rides. That said i do think Spooner is quite light on several key skill set areas and has had his frailties masked by the help he receives at Kent. Mulford on the other hand scrapped away for  good 7 point return. 

22 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

I hope spooner has come back revitalised because he seems to be one of those riders that could end up as a heat leader in this league but then other times shows that he can’t? Obviously injuries have hindered him.. but again only looking at the updates Heaney only beaten riders you’d expect him to beat? 

4+1 against young lions 

In which he beat sheldon Davies twice and leek once and James Laker. 

I see he then went to Cradley and got 9+1 from 5 beating 

McGurk, Chattin Wooley

Chattin 

mcgurk,Harris, ledwith (fx)

then mcgurk twice more so actually since his lay off he’s beaten one team mate who fell and a second string once and 6 2 pointers... I hope he proves me wrong as it’ll set up an excellent semi final if he’s firing. 

So since coming back from a long and painful injury you think teenager Spooner has underachieved by not beating Championship standard Greaves, Kemp & Morley v Young Lions and ONLY scoring 10 points from 5 rides away at Cradley!!!

Rather than pick on Kent maybe you should check the form of your own team before they start the playoffs & cup finals, oh hang on a minute................

I’m not picking on Kent..I’m just saying for some to say spooner is revitalised I think it incorrect. I do wish him well as I see he withdrew. 

30 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

So since coming back from a long and painful injury you think teenager Spooner has underachieved by not beating Championship standard Greaves, Kemp & Morley v Young Lions and ONLY scoring 10 points from 5 rides away at Cradley!!!

Rather than pick on Kent maybe you should check the form of your own team before they start the playoffs & cup finals, oh hang on a minute................

Yes unfortunately Eastbourne making the step up didn’t pay off results wise but I guess they will always have the history books of making finals in every year in nl something more than Kent have even without the big fish in Brum and Eastie