British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Poland v Rest of the world Rybnik Saturday October 12th Live on TV

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

Has Zmarzlik ever had a really bad crash ?   His style is riding on the edge of safety but I cannot remember him having a bad one.   I hope that doesn't tempt fate but he puts his bike into the smallest of gaps.

I remember a big high speed crash at Gorzow(back straight)  - can`t remember who he got caught up with, but i think he was just battered and bruised

Edited by racers and royals

This whole meeting is simply setup to show the locals just how good their country is at speedway. Make sure the Rest of the world team is sufficiently weak enough to be very easily beaten. Poland alone being stronger that the whole of the rest of the world. Where’s the Doyle’s Zagar, Emils, vaculik etc?

Got a great HD steam from the tvp website. Using a vpn with Polish address. Not sure if it was needed though.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This whole meeting is simply setup to show the locals just how good their country is at speedway. Make sure the Rest of the world team is sufficiently weak enough to be very easily beaten. Poland alone being stronger that the whole of the rest of the world. Where’s the Doyle’s Zagar, Emils, vaculik etc?

Got a great HD steam from the tvp website. Using a vpn with Polish address. Not sure if it was needed though.

Doyle is in Dohren Germany for a big individual meeting tonight   https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/102990/turniej-flutlichtrennen-w-dohren

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Rybnik also had tape trouble in the play-off final :mad:

That is poor but it will be a terrific track for Extraleague matches.

To be fair, RoW sides have been a bit stronger than this over the past few years of these tests. 

Imagine a lot of riders didn't want the work at this time of year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Has Zmarzlik ever had a really bad crash ?   His style is riding on the edge of safety but I cannot remember him having a bad one.   I hope that doesn't tempt fate but he puts his bike into the smallest of gaps.

In September 2012, at the age of 17, Zmarzlik sustained a very badly broken left femur after a crash with Kudryashov in the U21 Team World Championships final in Gniezno. He had a 16 inch nail implanted in his thigh to put the bone back together, but was back for the beginning of the next season.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A shame this really is too one sided.

Careful, criticism is not accepted. The "experts" will be onto you. 

18 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Careful, criticism is not accepted. The "experts" will be onto you. 

Yawn !!!! i for one was very glad to be able to watch  HD quality free coverage on the internet of a test match in which i was particularly interested in how Dan Bewley got on in such exulted company. I suppose you were watching a re-run of Wednesday`s cracking  Wolverhampton v Swindon match :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Yawn !!!! i for one was very glad to be able to watch  HD quality free coverage on the internet of a test match in which i was particularly interested in how Dan Bewley got on in such exulted company. I suppose you were watching a re-run of Wednesday`s cracking  Wolverhampton v Swindon match :)

You suppose wrong

Not the usual standard of racing at Rybnik but I thought Dan Bewley did ok. On the pace and 5 points from the the last two races in which he started. Not a bad return in that company and better than some of his more experienced team mates.

Sounds like Janowski and Drabik are in a raft of trouble for missing this meeting with dodgy sick notes.

Particularly Janowski, who was caught enjoying himself when he should have been at home nursing acute bronchitis according to his sick note.

Expect to see neither of them anywhere near the Polish side next year and Janowski to be stripped of the captaincy.

• Like 1