British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foamfence

GB manager

So Simon Stead and Olly Allen are to be GB team joint managers, sounds like a comedy duo but hopefully it won't turn out to be, good luck fellas.

They put me in mind of Ant and Dec.

Not quite Eric Boocock and Colin Pratt. 

Still, it won't be too difficult..Woffinden? Check, Lambert? Check, Bewley? Check, job done!

21 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Stead and Allen really is that the best they can come up with!

if you had a choice of those who WANT to do the job who would you pick

2 hours ago, Mark said:

I always thought that Gary Havelock would do a brilliant job, but I will always support those that are in team managers position. 

2 hours ago, Mark said:

In an ideal world Stewart Dickson would be my choice but as you say I doubt he'd want it 

1 hour ago, Robbie B said:

I always thought that Gary Havelock would do a brilliant job, but I will always support those that are in team managers position. 

He would be terrible.   

• Like 1

You need an experienced club manager, who has won some trophies, respected by the riders, maybe an ex rider, thick skinned, who is immune to social media comment.

Remind you of an ugly bugger of our acquaintance? :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robbie B said:

Nah 

16 hours ago, Mark said:

Peter Adams

22 hours ago, Mark said:

Peter Adams would be my choice, with allen and stead it will be a to familiar or friends with riders so they get the picks which imo is not good.

1 hour ago, ArthurRudge said:

Peter Adams would be my choice, with allen and stead it will be a to familiar or friends with riders so they get the picks which imo is not good.

that would happen with Pete ADams as he helps or did help Woffinden at the GP's.     The team picks itself when everyone is fit so its not as if Allen and Stead are picking a squad for a football wc.

I thought it was interesting listening to Allen & Stead on the BT GP Coverage, particularly Stead who was voicing his opinion that riders should be more ambitious... At the risk of being controversial, wasn't it Stead that hid away in the lower leagues for a lot longer than he should have done taking the coin? Maybe more of a do as I say manager than do as I do.

Anyway, I wish them all the best, GB will be nothing again until regular test matches are run, you can do all the skipping and ball catching you like, there's nothing like experience

• Like 3

Adam Ellis was at Cardiff with a couple of riders from the French speedway League, and Adam suggested that it would certainly not be too expensive to run 'Test Matches' against a French side. Maybe not at full international level, but certainly at Championship League level.

• Like 1