British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Tai Woffinden book at £8.99

28 minutes ago, adonis said:

Yes ,Woffinden is a self promoting arrogant little know it all , and his book will be full of his I'm better than everybody else .I know everything better than everybody else ., If you want to waste £8.99 of your pension on that .get yourself down WH.Smiths this morning .

Jealousy really can make a man bitter.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, gustix said:

Many thanks adonis. Based on your advice I will use the money to have lunch out instead.

good idea , give it a couple of weeks and the book will be in the bargain bucket for £1 or in your local charity shop ,

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Jealousy really can make a man bitter.

It can .but you need something to be jealous of in the first place .. 

31 minutes ago, gustix said:

Many thanks adonis. Based on your advice I will use the money to have lunch out instead.

Adonis is talking bullocks, but then, looking at his avatar of Yaxley_Lennon, what can you expect ?!

Its a good read, and definitely not full of "I am better than everyone else" !

My advice would be buy it, see what you think, you can always sell it on Ebay, Gumtrre, etc....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jeffster said:

Adonis is talking bullocks, but then, looking at his avatar of Yaxley_Lennon, what can you expect ?!

Its a good read, and definitely not full of "I am better than everyone else" !

My advice would be buy it, see what you think, you can always sell it on Ebay, Gumtrre, etc....

Exactly.

Woffinden's story is an interesting one, going on to be Britain's most successful world champion after the death of his father and mentor.   And being co-written by Peter Oakes should make it a decent read.   At £8.99 it's very reasonably priced.

Only question for me is, should I buy it now, or wait a couple of months and hint about it for a christmas present.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PotteringAround said:

Exactly.

Woffinden's story is an interesting one, going on to be Britain's most successful world champion after the death of his father and mentor.   And being co-written by Peter Oakes should make it a decent read.   At £8.99 it's very reasonably priced.

Only question for me is, should I buy it now, or wait a couple of months and hint about it for a christmas present.

I bought it on the kindle app for my phone, £6.47, the first chapter tells you it isnt going to be full of "I am better than everyone else"

In answer to your question, depends how keen you are read the book ;)

42 minutes ago, adonis said:

It can .but you need something to be jealous of in the first place .. 

So there goes your get out clause.

That just makes you a hate filled xenophobe then.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

So there goes your get out clause.

That just makes you a hate filled xenophobe then.

I wondered when you were going to wheel that out . not very original and a bit slow off the mark this morning , still got time to make up for it though , because you haven't used racist ,homophobe or mysogonist yet ,  keep up the good work though . I can hear the roar of people cheering you on from here ,  its all good for your ego !!  keyboard warrior Ho!

10 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Does he say "it is what it is" or mention his favourite tattoo? 

No and the person who actually typed it for him ,cut out all the erms from the dictation .

11 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Does he say "it is what it is" or mention his favourite tattoo? 

Not sure. But I've heard there is a special edition of the book on sale in the Cradley area that includes a set of crayons. This will let the Spoons fans colour the pictures of the tattoo's in. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Lefty said:

Not sure. But I've heard there is a special edition of the book on sale in the Cradley area that includes a set of crayons. This will let the Spoons fans colour the pictures of the tattoo's in. :lol:

They won’t be able to manage that many different colours

• Haha 1

Christ , toilet roll really has gone up in price since I emigrated! 

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Christ , toilet roll really has gone up in price since I emigrated! 

It is however , better than any other toilet roll by far . It promises to show lesser toilet rolls the way to be the best at cleaning your arse  . how to flush away more easily . but never actually does  . best of all though  , comes covered in loads of different patterns . thats why it's too expensive for the UK market , and only available in Poland ,

Edited by adonis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, adonis said:

Yes ,Woffinden is a self promoting arrogant little know it all , and his book will be full of his I'm better than everybody else .I know everything better than everybody else ., If you want to waste £8.99 of your pension on that .get yourself down WH.Smiths this morning .

I have you admire your advanced sense of irony bearing in mind the avatar you choose

• Haha 1