British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER

Delighted to see the Colts are riding their play off semi final on Saturday 28th September.

My first Saturday League match at Belle Vue since 1987 !!!

Hopefully we will get the biggest Colts attendance this season...

It would be great to have Saturday as the Colts regular home dates next year.. obviously ensuring no clashes with the SGP s.

• Like 4

No doubt Saturday night is the best Speedway night for non Premier league racing.

Leicester did not last long away from weekend Speedway

In this case give me Monday and the second leg at home and a match that you know what you have to do to win..I hate first legs at home in a normal league match you can enjoy and go home happy with just a close score win but in a two legged match a close win is just not enougth you don't go home happy unless you have battered a team and go home with a good lead to take to the second leg.Belle vue finished above Kent so I would think would have had the choice of the second leg at home I think a meeting where you can see a result is a bigger draw for fans than the first leg or is that just me. 

Edited by B.V 72

2 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

In this case give me Monday and the second leg at home and a match that you know what you have to do to win..I hate first legs at home in a normal league match you can enjoy and go home happy with just a close score win but in a two legged match a close win is just not enougth you don't go home happy unless you have battered a team and go home with a good lead to take to the second leg.Belle vue finished above Kent so I would think would have had the choice of the second leg at home I think a meeting where you can see a result is a bigger draw for fans than the first leg or is that just me. 

I agree that I would prefer a second leg... my post was more about the Colts racing on a Saturday whereby there is much better chance of improved crowds... particularly if we race on Saturday next year.

next year will be difficult as with the averages of our top 5 will mean at least two if not three will have to leave unless they dramatically increase the team limit for 2020.

it has been marvellous to see such a young side progress during the season and watch some talented riders who look to be set for a career at the top in later years.

• Like 1

For anyone interested on Sunday there is a massive unlimited banger farewell meeting before the track gets destroyed and turned into housing, this is supported by brisca stock cars so there will be some racing amongst the crashing.

Weather not looking good in Manchester tonight.  11 hour round trip,  To go or not to go that is the question.

5 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Weather not looking good in Manchester tonight.  11 hour round trip,  To go or not to go that is the question.

I already know the answer, long way to go for a carvery and ice cream but thems the chances you take.Be watching out for Mrs Flippers photos later....

• Like 1

Rain would definitely ruin belle vues home track advantage as it did in the last tie.

Edited by TurnTwo

Tonight is off. Restaged tomorrow.

Edited by OML

Where did you see this?  Nothing on any of the normal sites, please share your source?

Right, just got the email.  What a pain!

Good early shout OML

Friday will also give a better chance of a good crowd as the kids are not in school the next morning...

Present forecast looks good... hope it stays that way

• Like 1