British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

Has anyone heard who will replace MPT for the semi finals ,has Broc Nichol been confirmed as the replacement for Greaves in both legs 

Edited by johnyson66
miss

" Cami Brown, Stewart Dickson, Gary May and Ben Duffill are all on the excellent Tapes Up programme from 8.00pm tonight - listen live via www.rocksportradio.co.uk or via the tune-in app (ask your home assistant to "play Rocksport Radio"). Podcast available by tomorrow lunchtime".

Edited by Red Tigerman

Pickering scored 10+2 from Edinburghs visit to Leicester so could be a good booking for us , could do with Wooley for the home leg he might score 1 or 2 points although away from home we could have any nl rider 

2 hours ago, SuperBear said:

Does anyone know if Woolley is fit to ride?

Tom Woolley is recovering well from his collarbone injury and is expected to be fit for Friday,  Redcar Bears website for the source 

6 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Has anyone heard who will replace MPT for the semi finals ,has Broc Nichol been confirmed as the replacement for Greaves in both legs 

Broc Nicol confirmed for both legs and Jake Allen would have rode both meetings had Scunthorpe not had a rearranged fixture that night so Josh Pickering steps in for Saturday, whatever happens I'd like to thank the guests for stepping in and hopefully getting the Bears to the Championship final 

Edited by johnyson66
misspelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I will admit that Stewart & the Leicester team were very brave in picking Redcar the in form team I just hope they don’t live to regret their choice but of the 2 other choices I think they believe their best away performance came at Redcar.

Have to say a strange choice of guests for the away leg

Broc Nicol who has his work permit sponsored by the Bates family who own Leicester .

Josh Pickering who is very strongly rumoured to be riding for Leicester in 2020  so is his heart really going to be in it if the rumours are true ? 

35 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

I will admit that Stewart & the Leicester team were very brave in picking Redcar the in form team I just hope they don’t live to regret their choice but of the 2 other choices I think they believe their best away performance came at Redcar.

Broc Nicol who has his work permit sponsored by the Bates family who own Leicester .

Josh Pickering who is very strongly rumoured to be riding for Leicester in 2020  so is his heart really going to be in it if the rumours are true ? 

Are you suggesting the Bates family will politely remind these 2 riders of this information prior to the meeting? 

Maybe if Pickering doesn’t score well Leicester won’t want him? If Broc doesn’t have his work permit sponsored next year, we will now know why!

Edited by Yearbyred

39 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Good Luck with your conspiracy theories - I'm afraid you are a very small minority 

Rumour I heard was that both were very keen to ride and do well so they might get the call from Redcar next season B) B)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

Good Luck with your conspiracy theories - I'm afraid you are a very small minority 

Rumour I heard was that both were very keen to ride and do well so they might get the call from Redcar next season B) B)

Not forgetting Proctor and Perks being ex Bears and eager to return to the fold (according to my source)

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Can't call the Bears the in form team , we've lost our last 4 matches although 3 of them were away ties , out of the 3 teams Leicester could pick they picked the team who have got the least form and the most injuries,  so if I was a Leicester supporter I'd have wanted us to , I just hope 4 of our top 5 have good meetings and Nicol should be good value for a few points home and away 

19 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Broc Nicol confirmed for both legs and Jake Allen would have rode both meetings had Scunthorpe not had a rearranged fixture that night so Josh Pickering steps in for Saturday, whatever happens I'd like to thank the guests for stepping in and hopefully getting the Bears to the Championship final 

Sorry got that wrong Jake Allen rides for Ipswich on Saturday not Scunny 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Not forgetting Proctor and Perks being ex Bears and eager to return to the fold (according to my source)

Proctor would be a backward step in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Proctor would be a backward step in my opinion.

I think you are reading far too much into my post. Maybe my fault for not including a ;)

• Like 1