British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

Weather looks bad for the first leg tomorrow,  looks better for Saturday but rain forecast for later on in the day for Leicester 

2 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Weather looks bad for the first leg tomorrow,  looks better for Saturday but rain forecast for later on in the day for Leicester 

There's a forecast of rain coming in on Saturday evening from 6pm with it getting worse as the evening goes on. Bringing the start time forward to something like 5pm could give a better chance of completing the match, but that might not be possible to do at this stage, and there's no guarantee the weather will do as predicted!

Leicester fans must be completely underwhelmed by this semi-final,as not one of them has started  a thread for the home leg.

28 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Leicester fans must be completely underwhelmed by this semi-final,as not one of them has started  a thread for the home leg.

Haha I agree , they probably think they are already in the final , hopefully the ties go ahead and if we can get a 4 to 6 point lead it's game on , all riders should be pretty fresh as well 

27 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Haha I agree , they probably think they are already in the final , hopefully the ties go ahead and if we can get a 4 to 6 point lead it's game on , all riders should be pretty fresh as well 

I think the lead needs to be in double figures, a lot depends on the guests.

29 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I think the lead needs to be in double figures, a lot depends on the guests.

Pickering scored paid 12 at Leicester for Edinburgh,  any replication of that score and we are right in it especially with Wrighty and Riss who generally go well there , add to that Nicol and Stewart who seemed to find some form at Somerset last week and any sort of lead would in my opinion mean we have a good chance of going through to the final , just my opinion 

Edited by johnyson66
spelling

26 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Pickering scored paid 12 at Leicester for Edinburgh,  any replication of that score and we are right in it especially with Wrighty and Riss who generally go well there , add to that Nicol and Stewart who seemed to find some form at Somerset last week and any sort of lead would in my opinion mean we have a good chance of going through to the final , just my opinion 

I really hope so and I'd be delighted but often guests don't perform to their current form, let's hope this time they do.

1 hour ago, johnyson66 said:

I don't think it is anything to do with that. Leicester fans have never seemed interested in starting threads about matches on here and there aren't many who are members anyway. Good luck to both teams and I'm wondering if Lions might regret having picked Redcar rather than Somerset at the end of the 2 matches. :wink:

.....add to that Nicol and Stewart who seemed to find some form at Somerset last week and any sort of lead would in my opinion mean we have a good chance of going through to the final , just my opinion

Broc Nicol should do fine at Leicester and won't have to worry about being on the track with  that mad sod Josh Bates this time. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Does it really matter who Leicester picked first.  They have to beat two teams to win the play offs.  The key to this fixture,  in my opinion , is the Redcar away leg. If we can win or keep it close then I suspect we are in the final. Redcar won't beat Leicester at Leicester. 

5 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Both Redcar & Leicester look set to be subject to heavy rain when the meetings are due to take place which more than likely will mean postponement of both fixtures. 

With Lions having almost unlimited availability of their track what is the situation at Redcar in terms of contingency dates?

27 minutes ago, justathought said:

Does it really matter who Leicester picked first.  They have to beat two teams to win the play offs.  The key to this fixture,  in my opinion , is the Redcar away leg. If we can win or keep it close then I suspect we are in the final. Redcar won't beat Leicester at Leicester. 

I agree , with our injuries and Wrighty only having a couple of meetings since his concussion I'd have picked us as well , think Lawson is a good guest at our place Worrall could be a weak link at your place , we will see it should be a decent tie anyway 

5 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Both Redcar & Leicester look set to be subject to heavy rain when the meetings are due to take place which more than likely will mean postponement of both fixtures. 

With Lions having almost unlimited availability of their track what is the situation at Redcar in terms of contingency dates?

Not 100%sure but I think we can race any time 

Please that both lads are back (even though it could possibly weaken the team given Brocs form recently) because, win or lose, you want as many of the riders who have represented your team through the season to be riding.