British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

7 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Both Redcar & Leicester look set to be subject to heavy rain when the meetings are due to take place which more than likely will mean postponement of both fixtures. 

With Lions having almost unlimited availability of their track what is the situation at Redcar in terms of contingency dates?

If either or both meetings are postponed, it's highly likely to be October before they are ridden, in which case the October averages will be in force, these aren't yet on the SGB website so I can't check, but it could mean the original guests aren't eligible to ride because their averages no longer fit. Obviously now only applies to R.Worrall & MPT, as Greaves is now riding. Lawson was only 0.01 of a point inside Richie's average for September.

I've just checked SGB website & October's average's are now showing. If friday's meeting at Redcar is off, Lawson won't be able to guest if the rearranged meeting is in October, he will have gone up to 8.32. MPT's average goes up to 8.18, so the original guests that were booked would still be eligible.

Edited by stevethelion

Weather doesn’t look promising for Saturday.

Edited by Yearbyred

Meeting Postponed 

Tonight’s Play Off Semi-Final against Leicester has been postponed due to a waterlogged track and a poor weather forecast.
Heavy rain over the last week has left the Media Prima Arena sodden and with more rain forecast for this afternoon, the decision has been taken to make an early call.
Promoter Jitendra Duffill added, “We needed a full day of dry weather to get our track into good shape and it’s looking very unlikely that will happen. I don’t want to run the most important meeting of the season in poor conditions and I don’t want to inconvenience travelling riders and supporters by cancelling last minute.”
The meeting has been rearranged to take place next Friday 4th October, with the usual start time of 7.30PM.

• Like 1

With the meeting off now until Fri 4 Oct - presumably means no Lawson as guest for R Worrall but also no Broc Nicol for Nathan Greaves  either ?

Weather forecast not good for Sat night either .....

5 minutes ago, Robbobee said:

With the meeting off now until Fri 4 Oct - presumably means no Lawson as guest for R Worrall but also no Broc Nicol for Nathan Greaves  either ?

Weather forecast not good for Sat night either .....

Correct, no Lawson now,  average will be to high. Nichol was no longer guesting for Greaves anyway, he had been declared fit to ride, although the preview yesterday on the Lions website still showed Nichol. I think it was written before Greaves was declared fit.

17 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Weather doesn’t look promising for Saturday.

The BBC forecast for today is light showers, but what we've just had is a heavy downpour and from the looks of the skies there's more to come. Tomorrow's forecast is better than it was 24 hours ago, but if what's just happened is anything to go by, it can't be relied on to turn out that way. Main problem must be getting saturated tracks dried, even without any rain falling.

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

The BBC forecast for today is light showers, but what we've just had is a heavy downpour and from the looks of the skies there's more to come. Tomorrow's forecast is better than it was 24 hours ago, but if what's just happened is anything to go by, it can't be relied on to turn out that way. Main problem must be getting saturated tracks dried, even without any rain falling.

Absolutely. I went to poole last night with a dry forecast with only a 5% chance of rain. Two heavy showers nearly put paid to the meeting.

Redcar's Facebook page is reporting a 6.30pm Start at Leicester tomorrow night instead of the previous 7.30pm start time.. Anybody travelling will need to alter their travel plans accordingly.  

The time change is 100% correct . Bad rain forecast from around 8:00pm & Leicester have a huge home fixture back up with the national league team also in cup semi & play offs . 

The promotion will only run Lions matches on Saturdays else they lose serious money as the crowds do not attend. 

Sounds like a very sensible change, which is a little surprising considering this is Speedway.:o 

23 hours ago, stevethelion said:

If either or both meetings are postponed, it's highly likely to be October before they are ridden, in which case the October averages will be in force, these aren't yet on the SGB website so I can't check, but it could mean the original guests aren't eligible to ride because their averages no longer fit. Obviously now only applies to R.Worrall & MPT, as Greaves is now riding. Lawson was only 0.01 of a point inside Richie's average for September.

I've just checked SGB website & October's average's are now showing. If friday's meeting at Redcar is off, Lawson won't be able to guest if the rearranged meeting is in October, he will have gone up to 8.32. MPT's average goes up to 8.18, so the original guests that were booked would still be eligible.

2 hours ago, stevethelion said:

Correct, no Lawson now,  average will be to high. Nichol was no longer guesting for Greaves anyway, he had been declared fit to ride, although the preview yesterday on the Lions website still showed Nichol. I think it was written before Greaves was declared fit.

Might still see Lawson now guesting in the Redcar meeting for MPT ;)

45 minutes ago, pvm said:

Sounds like a very sensible change, which is a little surprising considering this is Speedway.:o 

It would be a sensible change if they could run a 15 heat match in under 90 minutes

58 minutes ago, wtf said:

Might still see Lawson now guesting in the Redcar meeting for MPT ;)

If that's the case Lions better pile up those points tomorrow, because they'll need them!

Lions guests looking a bit limited for next Friday. Edinburgh v Newcastle now rearranged for same day, which rules out S.Worrall & Pickering. If Redcar decide to use Lawson then Allen could swap sides. Only other candidates are Howarth & Ellis.

Edited by stevethelion