British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well that's all ok, but I wasn't replying to you. :t:

I started the post about covers so you were replying to me , 

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

That's very assuming of you, I was disappointed with eight points and I doubt I'm alone in that.

Disappointed beating the team that finished 14 points above us in the league by 8 points , my your hard to please then 

20 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Catch 22 situation with track covers ,hampers track prep if put down, if it’s raining at start time riders won’t entertain it.Is it worth the bother.!!

Don't know :unsure: ! Ask the Glasgow riders ;)

13 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Disappointed beating the team that finished 14 points above us in the league by 8 points , my your hard to please then 

Disappointed because I hoped for a chance, now I can't see one but If I'm proven wrong I'll be very happy to come back here and admit it.

9 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Disappointed because I hoped for a chance, now I can't see one but If I'm proven wrong I'll be very happy to come back here and admit it.

Riss and Wright are former Leicester riders and Jake Allen won 3 races last time he raced there , I think we are well in the tie and if Greavesy hits a bit of form I think we go through to the final , time will tell , apart from Leicester getting battered at Eastbourne they lost by 10 at Berwick that's the biggest defeat they've had so 8 points for me is better than I expected 

7 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Riss and Wright are former Leicester riders and Jake Allen won 3 races last time he raced there , I think we are well in the tie and if Greavesy hits a bit of form I think we go through to the final , time will tell , apart from Leicester getting battered at Eastbourne they lost by 10 at Berwick that's the biggest defeat they've had so 8 points for me is better than I expected 

You can't go on other meetings.

15 minutes ago, foamfence said:

You can't go on other meetings.

Why not certain riders have likings for certain tracks , I fancy us strongly to get through as long as Greaves has a decent meeting , like I say time will tell , if we don't get through I'll be on here to say I was wrong,  

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

!! Why Glasgow riders?

I think he or she is referring to the Eastbourne away meeting when Glasgow weren't pleased with the track , could be wrong though 

18 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

/I think he or she is referring to the Eastbourne away meeting when Glasgow weren't pleased with the track , could be wrong though 

No he is referring to the Glasgow / Scunthorpe match at Glasgow. When the track conditions were not to the home teams liking.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, iainb said:

My first visit to Redcar last night and what a nice tidy setup you've got up there. The track looked a bit like the Leicester track (with it's weird banking on the bends) but with better proportions, the racing wasn't much cop maybe that was down to the weather? 8 points the diff keeps the tie alive.

One thing that puzzles me though, and it may have been gone through before on other threads... but why are you called Redcar, when you are quite clearly nearer to Middlesborough and would probably be better off (media wise) being called Middlesborough? Is it a rights issue of some sort?

That was not, a typical Redcar meeting. The track was very heavy, (due to the weather) and consequently the outside line was not effective. The racing wasn't great to be honest, but it was about getting it on. I think it affected some of the Redcar riders, (when they missed the gate), but credit to Douglas and Mountain, who were excellent for Leicester. The tie is still alive (just), Leicester had a couple of lucky breaks, last night, maybe Redcar might get some in the away leg.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

No he is referring to the Glasgow / Scunthorpe match at Glasgow. When the track conditions were not to the home teams liking.

That match went ahead, I’m referring to matches when riders won’t ride when it’s wet.!

Redcar definitely in the driving seat. Guest will strengthen them.

18 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Redcar definitely in the driving seat. Guest will strengthen them.

It could be close, but ultimately, I think Redcar's lower order will be exposed. Oh how I would love to be wrong.

8 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

It could be close, but ultimately, I think Redcar's lower order will be exposed. Oh how I would love to be wrong.

I'm very confident so hopefully you are wrong , Wrighty and Riss have bothe ridden for the Lions and Allen was their a few weeks back and won 3 races , so I'm confident