British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

12 hours ago, iainb said:

My first visit to Redcar last night and what a nice tidy setup you've got up there. The track looked a bit like the Leicester track (with it's weird banking on the bends) but with better proportions, the racing wasn't much cop maybe that was down to the weather? 8 points the diff keeps the tie alive.

One thing that puzzles me though, and it may have been gone through before on other threads... but why are you called Redcar, when you are quite clearly nearer to Middlesborough and would probably be better off (media wise) being called Middlesborough? Is it a rights issue of some sort?

its just the same as Edinburgh calling themselves Edinburgh when they are not in Edinburgh !

3 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

I'm very confident so hopefully you are wrong , Wrighty and Riss have bothe ridden for the Lions and Allen was their a few weeks back and won 3 races , so I'm confident 

Good for you, I sincerely hope, you are right. You miss my point. I said the lower order (reserves and 2nd strings) would be exposed, I expect the heat leaders to hold their own. It's just my opinion though.

Edited by sidewinder
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Good for you, I sincerely hope, you are right.

Try being a bit more positive,  try being a glass half full instead of a glass half empty person 

3 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Try being a bit more positive,  try being a glass half full instead of a glass half empty person 

Nah, just a realist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really hope Redcar get through, always my second team, but think Leicester will be too strong at home, come on Wrighty!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

An admirable attitude but you shouldn't let wishful thinking cloud your judgement.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

An admirable attitude but you shouldn't let wishful thinking cloud your judgement.

Wishful thinking ? I think it's the fact I've followed speedway for many years and actually know what I'm talking about , gives me a good basis to form an unbiased a reasonable opinion,  Leicester supporters will be very worried about the second leg as they are well aware of the fact we have riders in our side who go well round their track , add to that home track advantage won't be so big for them considering the bad weather we've had lately meaning the track will be riding differently to how they've been used to , add to that they beat us by 8 points in the league after 12 heats when our guest got injured and we were using r/r for Bacon , we are a lot stronger now , so no wishful thinking my opinion is based on a lot ofor speedway knowledge and it will be tight but points in the bag puts all the pressure on Leicester 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sidewinder said:

That was not, a typical Redcar meeting. The track was very heavy, (due to the weather) and consequently the outside line was not effective. The racing wasn't great to be honest, but it was about getting it on. I think it affected some of the Redcar riders, (when they missed the gate), but credit to Douglas and Mountain, who were excellent for Leicester. The tie is still alive (just), Leicester had a couple of lucky breaks, last night, maybe Redcar might get some in the away leg.

Redcar had lucky breaks also. Elli Perks retirements!

11 hours ago, jenga said:

its just the same as Edinburgh calling themselves Edinburgh when they are not in Edinburgh !

Edinborough?

1 hour ago, johnyson66 said:

Wishful thinking ? I think it's the fact I've followed speedway for many years and actually know what I'm talking about , gives me a good basis to form an unbiased a reasonable opinion,  Leicester supporters will be very worried about the second leg as they are well aware of the fact we have riders in our side who go well round their track , add to that home track advantage won't be so big for them considering the bad weather we've had lately meaning the track will be riding differently to how they've been used to , add to that they beat us by 8 points in the league after 12 heats when our guest got injured and we were using r/r for Bacon , we are a lot stronger now , so no wishful thinking my opinion is based on a lot ofor speedway knowledge and it will be tight but points in the bag puts all the pressure on Leicester 

Really? Well I started as a spectator in the 50s and eventually did a bit as a mechanic and sponsor, now at my (quite) old age I don't get to many meetings and all my local tracks are long gone. So we all have a little experience, anyway you strike me as an assuming and know it all type so I won't be bothering you again.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Perks retired twice when in last place. Not sure how that made much difference to the scores?

• Like 1

I hope Redcar get through simply because Leicester have used a horses for courses approach to finishing top using guests for Richie Worrall. Injuries are part and parcel of the sport but there should be some sort of time limit to find a replacement or you revert to r/r. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Really? Well I started as a spectator in the 50s and eventually did a bit as a mechanic and sponsor, now at my (quite) old age I don't get to many meetings and all my local tracks are long gone. So we all have a little experience, anyway you strike me as an assuming and know it all type so I won't be bothering you again.

I do apologise, obviously the fact you are older and been a mechanic means your opinion supercedes my opinion , that's what this forum is about debates and opinions and the fact your older doesn't mean my opinions aren't valid , I actually explained what I based my opinion on , I didn't just dismiss your opinion but let's be honest it's very easy of someone  to dismiss an opinion especially when you can't put up a valid reason to disagree , like you said you don't get to many meetings so obviously can't base your dismissal on the Bears chances of getting through to the final on many if any of the meetings you attended , so your right don't bother replying to any of my posts and yes  I know a fair bit about Speedway so can make a valid point on the Bears , thank you 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Skodaman said:

What, Perks retired because he wasn't in the running for points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

I hope Redcar get through simply because Leicester have used a horses for courses approach to finishing top using guests for Richie Worrall. Injuries are part and parcel of the sport but there should be some sort of time limit to find a replacement or you revert to r/r. 

I think you are right about Worrall. I was thinking about starting a new thread on the lines of "did Worrall getting injured help the Lions top the league?".

• Like 2