British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

Agree. There should be a limit to how long  guests can be used for an injured rider. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Agree. There should be a limit to how long  guests can be used for an injured rider. 

is there not already a limit ?

Maybe someone who is into stats can produce the combined CMA by Leicester's Worrall guests so far this season. I wouldn't even like to make a guess whether the figure would be above or below 8.25. But I'd also wonder if Worrall's CMA would have stayed at or around 8.25. - more likely it would have gone down from that as the season went on?

8 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Maybe someone who is into stats can produce the combined CMA by Leicester's Worrall guests so far this season. I wouldn't even like to make a guess whether the figure would be above or below 8.25. But I'd also wonder if Worrall's CMA would have stayed at or around 8.25. - more likely it would have gone down from that as the season went on?

sure someone would know the stats, dunno why you would think it would go down, as it rose from his starting average.

On Friday, October 04, 2019 at 9:03 AM, jduffill said:

Morning all,

I’m happy to report that the track is absolutely fine after last night. We had no rain on Wednesday which left the track dry yesterday. The track was packed hard yesterday afternoon so it would take the rain forecast overnight.

We have some rain forecast this afternoon, but this evening should be dry and we don’t anticipate any problems with our meeting going ahead.

Racing conditions should be excellent and will make for a superb Semi-Final. We have opened up the back straight for additional viewing facilities and we have a 2nd paramedic booked, so the meeting should run smoothly.

Hope to see plenty of you there this evening!

Jitendra Duffill

Any news on the guest for Palm Toft yet or are you still working on it , can you give us any clues as to who is available for the 3 meetings this weekend 

I'm confused (easily done these days) what is the date for the next Leicester meeting? 

1 hour ago, fliss44 said:

I'm confused (easily done these days) what is the date for the next Leicester meeting? 

Saturday 12th October 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

is there not already a limit ?

Don't know but he got injured in June, so that's half the season he's been out and Leicester have been able to use a guest for all that time. 

9 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Don't know but he got injured in June, so that's half the season he's been out and Leicester have been able to use a guest for all that time. 

am pretty sure they could use a guest until their last match of the season, even if he had been injured in their first match of the season, depending on his position within the team averagewise.

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

am pretty sure they could use a guest until their last match of the season, even if he had been injured in their first match of the season, depending on his position within the team averagewise.

That’s correct, there’s no time limit on a facility for an injured rider.

16 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s correct, there’s no time limit on a facility for an injured rider.

Even into the following season ?

39 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Even into the following season ?

There’s no time limit on a facility for an injured rider during a racing season - up to 31st October.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

No

So there's ya limit ?

So really,,, until declared fit or the end of the current season ?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

So there's ya limit ?

So really,,, until declared fit or the end of the current season ?

Sorry, I thought it was self-evident that it wouldn’t carry over into the next season :-)

12 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Sorry, I thought it was self-evident that it wouldn’t carry over into the next season :-)

No, don't apologise friend,,,, I trust your knowledge of the rules, but was merely saying that there was a limit to the use of a facility,,,, a no that nothing ever lasts forever, (Echo and the Bunnymen) :t: