British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

6 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Saturday 12th October 

Thank you

21 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

sure someone would know the stats, dunno why you would think it would go down, as it rose from his starting average.

Having nothing much to do on a damp Monday morning I have had a look at the averages. When Worrall was injured I calculated his average for this season to be 8.76 (including bonus points). The Lions have used 8 different guests (16 meetings) and, on one occasion, rider replacement. Including bonus points the average works out at 8.71. More or less identical!

Edited by Happy Hunter
Clarity
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Having nothing much to do on a damp Monday morning I have had a look at the averages. When Worrall was injured I calculated his average for this season to be 8.76 (including bonus points). The Lions have used 8 different guests (16 meetings) and, on one occasion, rider replacement. Including bonus points the average works out at 8.71. More or less identical!

Confirms why Mr Dickson has been happy to continue to book guests. The guests have clearly done ok and I would suggest better than Richie would have done. So borrow riders from other teams without any of the hassle or cost of providing a van, team kevlars and helping sort out personal problems, equipment issues, travel problems etc. If Leicester end up winning hope they get medals for all their guests and other riders that 'retired' for apparent financial reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Confirms why Mr Dickson has been happy to continue to book guests. The guests have clearly done ok and I would suggest better than Richie would have done. So borrow riders from other teams without any of the hassle or cost of providing a van, team kevlars and helping sort out personal problems, equipment issues, travel problems etc. If Leicester end up winning hope they get medals for all their guests and other riders that 'retired' for apparent financial reasons. 

Just using the rules as they are , it's a bit like 3 riders getting bans for on track behaviour and 2 of them serving the ban and 1 of them getting off Scott free , people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Just using the rules as they are , it's a bit like 3 riders getting bans for on track behaviour and 2 of them serving the ban and 1 of them getting off Scott free , people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones 

Not aware of any rider getting off Scott free. Am aware of a rider submitting an appeal, its in the rules and the appeal panel deciding a fine was more appropriate. Talking of Scott free, do you know what Mr Nichols would have done if 2nd leg of the the semi had taken place on Saturday as per the rules that state championship matches take priority over national league fixtures. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Not aware of any rider getting off Scott free. Am aware of a rider submitting an appeal, its in the rules and the appeal panel deciding a fine was more appropriate. Talking of Scott free, do you know what Mr Nichols would have done if 2nd leg of the the semi had taken place on Saturday as per the rules that state championship matches take priority over national league fixtures. 

I'm guessing your getting at the fact that Nichols would have done the speedway gp instead of riding for Leicester but wether the meeting should have had preference over the reserves is surely down to the scb and if the Bears management had asked for it to be held on that day , 

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

incorrect evidence  submitted by the powers that be  . acted on false  information and could not be bothered  looking at the video proof . putting craig in the clear . ...two penny company .

21 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Confirms why Mr Dickson has been happy to continue to book guests. The guests have clearly done ok and I would suggest better than Richie would have done. So borrow riders from other teams without any of the hassle or cost of providing a van, team kevlars and helping sort out personal problems, equipment issues, travel problems etc. If Leicester ( or Redcar, fingers, toes, legs , arms , all crossed ) end up winning hope they get medals for all their guests and other riders that 'retired' for apparent financial reasons. 

Edited for accuracy :lol:

Edited by Taylorj
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

As if Richie Worrall wanted to be injured for the rest of the season.If they want to use guests all season that is in the rules or even R/R that is all good. :rofl:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

That's not what Art 16.1 means (although the wording could be more precise). If a rider has two conflicting fixtures then there is an order of priority - the rule does not instruct a Club how they should organise their fixtures. Only in exceptional circumstances might the MC step in and dictate fixture planning.

5 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Any news on guests riders for both teams on Saturday?  

Steve Worrall for Lions, Jake Allen for Redcar

• Like 3

Bears have agreed the dates with Glasgow should they reach the final ? I think they should have kept that quiet until the 2nd leg has been run 

Edited by johnyson66
  • Like 1

The commentators  were saying on TV last night that the Lions v Bears on Saturday has been brought forward an hour, but I haven't seen it anywhere else?

edit... Just seen it on Bears website..... 6.30 start time.

Edited by cheekycobra

6 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Bears have agreed the dates with Glasgow should they reach the final ? I think they should have kept that quiet until the 2nd leg has been run 

It’s been done with supporters in mind who may want to keep the day free to travel. We were thinking of our fans, not ourselves and we have stated ‘should’ we progress.

• Like 4