British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

1 minute ago, jduffill said:

It’s been done with supporters in mind who may want to keep the day free to travel. We were thinking of our fans, not ourselves and we have stated ‘should’ we progress.

I did put should we reach the final , I personally think it could have been left a few days until Saturday was out of the way as not to tempt fate , I think we were all aware of when the final would probably take place , to me it just gives Leicester that bit more motivation 

38 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

I did put should we reach the final , I personally think it could have been left a few days until Saturday was out of the way as not to tempt fate , I think we were all aware of when the final would probably take place , to me it just gives Leicester that bit more motivation 

Fair enough, I respect your point of view. Hope to see you at the MPA tonight for the Cup Final.

Jitendra

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

A promoter who puts his fans first and you don't agree with him?

This site certainly has its fill of critics no wonder it's all doom and gloom in the sport.

Edited by Ringitsneck
Clarity

8 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Bears have agreed the dates with Glasgow should they reach the final ? I think they should have kept that quiet until the 2nd leg has been run 

Lions have also agreed dates with Glasgow should they progress 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Disgraceful - I hope Jitendra uses this as motivation etc etc ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Both teams giving their fans advanced warning for IF they make it to the final. Surely this should be taken as a positive from both sides and not turned in to a negative by the minority. Well done both for letting the public know of the dates.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Really ? There's nothing on Leicester speedway site , which site is it on ? 

59 minutes ago, Parsy29 said:

Both teams giving their fans advanced warning for IF they make it to the final. Surely this should be taken as a positive from both sides and not turned in to a negative by the minority. Well done both for letting the public know of the dates.

Don't think you needed to be Albert Einstein to work out what dates the final was if the Bears win , and if the Lions win what's the betting Glasgow host Friday and Leicester do the Saturday?  

52 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

So now, both sides just think they have to turn up ??? ;)

Yeah haha , Leicester will have enough motivation to win without readingthe Bears have agreed dates for the final , that gives them extra motivation in my opinion why couldn' it just be left until Sunday morning it's not like anyone who follows the Bears or Glasgow wouldn't have known it would be Fri and Sat 

Edited by johnyson66

50 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Yeah haha , Leicester will have enough motivation to win without readingthe Bears have agreed dates for the final , that gives them extra motivation in my opinion why couldn' it just be left until Sunday morning it's not like anyone who follows the Bears or Glasgow wouldn't have known it would be Fri and Sat 

Not sure the Lions will need any extra motivation, am sure their manager will have given them enough.

1 hour ago, johnyson66 said:

Really ? There's nothing on Leicester speedway site , which site is it on ? 

Official Glasgow Facebook page 

3 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Official Glasgow Facebook page 

So in other words Leicester are waiting to see if they get through before they announce final dates , enough said !

Edited by johnyson66

21 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not sure the Lions will need any extra motivation, am sure their manager will have given them enough.

Can't have enough motivation,  if I was the Leicester manager I would print out the article on our website and pin it up in the changing rooms and alter it slightly so it seems like we think we've already won , anyone taking  part in any sport will tell you the same thing you can not have enough motivation to do better 

Edited by johnyson66