British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

Big thank you to Jake Allen for his guest appearances for the Bears this season you've been immense for us and I'm sure I speak for all Bears fans when I say he's a top man thank you 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

We gave it a shot , Leicester are a good side and i fancied us to scrape through but that's life , Leicester have been 1 of the 2 stand out sides in the league and the final should be a cracker , I fancy Glasgow to take it over the 2 legs though 

I said to some friends, when Redcar had made their changes, that they looked like the team. Unfortunately, injuries struck and that, to me has cost the Bears severely.

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 2:27 PM, ch958 said:

people need to grow up - any sane person knows its an uphill battle at Leicester but plans have to be ready just in case. 

Just keep them to yourself until the result is known , see pointless releasing the final dates now isn't it , point made 

Edited by johnyson66

10 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I said to some friends, when Redcar had made their changes, that they looked like the team. Unfortunately, injuries struck and that, to me has cost the Bears severely.

Yeah we've had a great season , play offs,  cup final ,British champion and Championship riders champion , let's finish it off tomorrow with the cup , I hope it's a good meeting and no offence mate but I don't want any scares 

A great meeting and a right nail biter.

Some cracking heats early doors but became a little bit of a one line track when it slickened off.

Thought it would go to the wire and any result could have been possible in heat 15.

Credit to both teams and the noisy away support, all the best for tomorrow in cup.

• Like 2

Seems the Redcar fans have taken this well unlike the losers of one of the Premier league semis

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Yeah we've had a great season , play offs,  cup final ,British champion and Championship riders champion , let's finish it off tomorrow with the cup , I hope it's a good meeting and no offence mate but I don't want any scares 

I really hope that the meeting goes ahead t'morro and the bad weather doesn't materialise for 2 reasons,

1, so that I can enjoy a Mexican takeaway and,

2, i think it's our best chance to overturn the deficit, especially after tonight's result, when the Bears are under pressure, just from a purely motivational point of view, of course.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Well we did pay for those dropped points as I feared.

Still a good effort by the lads to take it to the last heat. Thanks to Jake Allen again for his excellent service the last 2 nights.

Congratulations to the Lions, they’ve been the best team all season and I hope they go on and win it.

Bears deserve something out of this season so hope they can pick themselves up for the second leg of the KOC.

I have to say having read quite a few of your posts this season through following Redcar on here with their Lynn connections you are one of the most articulate, fair minded, unbiased and balanced posters on the forum.  This post sums it up well. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bruno said:

Seems the Redcar fans have taken this well unlike the losers of one of the Premier league semis

We Redcar fans like to see both teams battling and putting on what was, a very competitive, and extremely close semi-final. 

It could so easily have gone to Redcar, but we could not have asked for any more from the Bears.

Congratulations Leicester. Can't help feeling we having a 6 man team was a factor.  UTB !! Bring that cup home tomorrow !!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Big thank you to Jake Allen for his guest appearances for the Bears this season you've been immense for us and I'm sure I speak for all Bears fans when I say he's a top man thank you 

I'll drink to that.

• Like 1

I’m not post quoting but can I just say that I am not related to Bagpuss and no money has been exchanged. Thanks for the kind words.

Bears gave it their best shot but were beaten by a very good team, so no disgrace in that. Always try to give credit to the opposition if I feel they deserve it. Desperately wanted the Bears to win but wasn’t to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On a separate note, who else though Lawlor pipped Stewart on the line in heat 7?

I was pretty much level with the line on the back straight and thought he got it by half a wheel.

5 minutes ago, Elmo said:

On a separate note, who else though Lawlor pipped Stewart on the line in heat 7?

I was pretty much level with the line on the back straight and thought he got it by half a wheel.

Although our viewpoint on the first bend is hardly the best from which to judge, a few of us felt he nicked it on the line too.

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

One's enough, don't be greedy ;)

Who for tho the bears or the gems as I can't see us ( the diamonds pulling 12 back ) but you never know it's speedway & owt can happen.. but now that Leicester have gone through how will Redcar react against us 

Well its roll up sleeves for the match tomorrow, whatever happens its been our best season since we came back in 2006, well done to all involved,  now go win the cup, going for a 45 all draw.