British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

I really hope that the meeting goes ahead t'morro and the bad weather doesn't materialise for 2 reasons,

1, so that I can enjoy a Mexican takeaway and,

2, i think it's our best chance to overturn the deficit, especially after tonight's result, when the Bears are under pressure, just from a purely motivational point of view, of course.

Having Adam Ellis is a big plus for us and the fact we've gone out tonight spells bad news for Newcastle,  the boys won't be complacent tomorrow and I personally can't see the Diamonds winning by more than 4 points that's if they win at all ,I think we will win at Brough park tomorrow,  let's hope we get it on and have a good meeting UTB 

IMO Glasgow, with Rasmus Jensen as currently the best rider in the CL, & Vissing riding better than ever, will be the title favourites.

Stewart Dickson's choice of guests for Richie Worrall over the two legs will be crucial, and I would guess,  if permitted ( given the loose wording of SCB 18.1.9), he might go for Jake Allen/Lewis Kerr at Ashfield, & Richard Lawson for the home leg).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cyclone said:

IMO Glasgow, with Rasmus Jensen as currently the best rider in the CL, & Vissing riding better than ever, will be the title favourites.

Stewart Dickson's choice of guests for Richie Worrall over the two legs will be crucial, and I would guess,  if permitted ( given the loose wording of SCB 18.1.9), he might go for Jake Allen/Lewis Kerr at Ashfield, & Richard Lawson for the home leg).

Can a side in the play offs use a guest which has been used previously by another side in the play offs ? 

17 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Can a side in the play offs use a guest which has been used previously by another side in the play offs ? 

In a REAL sport such a happening would not be permitted. But 'our sport' is speedway so more than likely it would be permitted to happen.

35 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Why not ? Leicester were going to use Lawson until the meeting was rained off then his average was to high to be used for the rearranged fixture but it worked out we could use him , funny rules I agree , could anyone image not using guests for injured riders speedway would die a death , it would be the team who had the least injuries who would win the league every year 

Edited by johnyson66

2 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Why not ? Leicester were going to use Lawson until the meeting was rained off then his average was to high to be used for the rearranged fixture but it worked out we could use him , funny rules I agree , could anyone image not using guests for injured riders speedway would die a death , it would be the team who had the least injuries who would win the league every year 

I only wondered as you cant use a guest from another play off side during the play offs . I just wondered if that stretched to guests used by other play off sides during the play offs ? It's a complicated old sport at times 

• Like 1

Redcar had real opportunities to progress last night. Several times they got themselves into good racing positions, only to let them slip. It was a tense hard fought meeting for the neutral. I must admit, i was hoping for golden heats before the last race!

Just now, Paulco said:

I only wondered as you cant use a guest from another play off side during the play offs . I just wondered if that stretched to guests used by other play off sides during the play offs ? It's a complicated old sport at times 

Can't say av come across that before, but maybe they can't, for the same reasons that don't allow using guests from other play teams.

4 minutes ago, Paulco said:

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Can't say av come across that before, but maybe they can't, for the same reasons that don't allow using guests from other play teams.

No restriction on that, an eligible guest rider could appear in both semi-finals - and the final - of both leagues, averages and fixture dates permitting!

10 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

No restriction on that, an eligible guest rider could appear in both semi-finals - and the final - of both leagues, averages and fixture dates permitting!

Thanks for the clarification . Seems a bit bizarre , but then nobody does bizarre quite like speedway 

22 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Daftness like that isn't unprecedented though . Glasgow v Newcastle in the KO Cup in 2017 . Ricky Wells guessed for Glasgow in the first leg , and guested for Newcastle in the 2nd leg  . 

1 minute ago, Paulco said:

Daftness like that isn't unprecedented though . Glasgow v Newcastle in the KO Cup in 2017 . Ricky Wells guessed for Glasgow in the first leg , and guested for Newcastle in the 2nd leg  . 

Don't think that is allowed now.

38 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Can a team use a guest  in the play-off final that as rode for one of the 2  losing play-off semi- finalists? so could Riss guest for Worrall, which would only fit at Leicester not the away leg.

Just done some checking on Tom Woolley and scores he's had compared to rides and this is no disrespect to the bloke but I think we can all see that he hasnt come on as well as he maybe should have done , can't see him being here next season and think we need to look at bringing in a young rider who has potential to improve  , Toms stats show where we have been suffering which has put a lot of pressure on Greaves , he's had 19 meetings taking 62 rides and scored 17 points with 8bp, I think that's the difference between a good side and being a top side , no disrespect to him and I wish him well but we need someone who has the scope for improvement 

1 hour ago, stevethelion said:

Can a team use a guest  in the play-off final that as rode for one of the 2  losing play-off semi- finalists? so could Riss guest for Worrall, which would only fit at Leicester not the away leg.

I don't see anything in the rules to prevent that.

Apologies, completely misread the question. Losing semi-final riders remain ineligible to guest in the final.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1