Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
johnyson66

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

13 minutes ago, MD said:

I'd be disappointed with Jake Allan for MPT at Leicester. He isnt known for his ability round more technical tracks though appreciate its hard to find guests in October. Hoping for a Redcar win but just dont see it now.

He rode well last night and the last time he was at Leicester he won 3 races so we will see , I'm happy with Jake as our guest 

29 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

He rode well last night and the last time he was at Leicester he won 3 races so we will see , I'm happy with Jake as our guest 

Hope he does you proud

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

The big fat 8 is looking a bit thin now.

Hope the bears won as it's another possible trophy for the north east tho

Leicester ahead by 4 - with four heats left.

4 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Hope the bears won as it's another possible trophy for the north east tho

One's enough, don't be greedy ;)

That was a very brave effort by the Bears but sadly (as I predicted here) the lead was just too little.

• Like 1

We lost that at home , the crucial engine failure for Richard Lawson,,,,,

On 10/4/2019 at 9:49 PM, Yearbyred said:

Advantage Leicester you'd have to say now after a strange night at the MPA.

Bears stormed to an early lead, it was up to 14 points at one stage, but then a lot of shared heats and a Leicester "fight back" due in a large degree to Redcar dropping points from scoring positions (Lawson e/f when second and Greaves spinning off when second). Not much racing as the track was very wet and gating was at a premium.

All the Bears chipped in, Lawson was an excellent guest. For the Lions ,Douglas was the expected excellent top man, Nicholls faded after a good start and Mountain rode well after a shaky start.

Think the Bears will regret those dropped points but at least they take a lead of some sorts.

Well we did pay for those dropped points as I feared.

Still a good effort by the lads to take it to the last heat. Thanks to Jake Allen again for his excellent service the last 2 nights.

Congratulations to the Lions, they’ve been the best team all season and I hope they go on and win it.

Bears deserve something out of this season so hope they can pick themselves up for the second leg of the KOC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The live update site really needs to get sorted. That's twice in two days they've made a pig's ear of the score, and there have been numerous errors throughout the season. Are the texters to busy texting instead of watching the actual racing?

Unlucky Redcar. I'm afraid you let Lecester of the hook at home.

Well done Leicester. Good luck against Glasgow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, leander said:

The live update site really needs to get sorted. That's twice in two days they've made a pig's ear of the score, and there have been numerous errors throughout the season. Are the texters to busy texting instead of watching the actual racing?

Unlucky Redcar. I'm afraid you let Lecester of the hook at home.

Well done Leicester. Good luck against Glasgow.

Those texters should learn to multitask, by being able to do something normal and play on their device at the same time, what a disgrace.

Congrats Leicester and good luck in the final , just not enough of a lead to hold on to but the lads have done us proud this season , on to Newcastle tomorrow to bring home the cup 

Must say, hard lines to the Bears, were in it till the end.

I wonder if Stewy had found one of those posters :(

Just now, johnyson66 said:

Congrats Leicester and good luck in the final , just not enough of a lead to hold on to but the lads have done us proud this season , on to Newcastle tomorrow to bring home the cup 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Must say, hard lines to the Bears, were in it till the end.

I wonder if Stewy had found one of those posters :(

We gave it a shot , Leicester are a good side and i fancied us to scrape through but that's life , Leicester have been 1 of the 2 stand out sides in the league and the final should be a cracker , I fancy Glasgow to take it over the 2 legs though 

Edited by johnyson66
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Those texters should learn to multitask, by being able to do something normal and play on their device at the same time, what a disgrace.

no need to learn to multi task , just do one job at a time .maybe they cant run and chew ! ! ! 

• Haha 1