British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dickie Head

Somerset & Glasgow Semi Final Second Leg 2/10/19

OK let’s get this going. Assuming weather doesn’t create problems I’ll go for a Somerset win on Wednesday by six with Tigers going through on aggregate on Friday. Don’t think tactical substitute can be used at this stage as it’s a two legged tie.

Edited by Dickie Head
Change to date

I think Glasgow win both legs , after the pairs on Friday Cook and Jensen look on top form and I think Glasgows reserves are slightly stronger than Somersets , Glasgow by 4 on Wednesday then to win by 8 to 12 points in the home leg 

Edited by johnyson66
miss spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What is the Glasgow Team this week.?

Not up yet but assume Sam continues for Paul , nothing been said on the fitness of MBA as yet.

" Cami Brown, Stewart Dickson, Gary May and Ben Duffill are all on the excellent Tapes Up programme from 8.00pm tonight - listen live via www.rocksportradio.co.uk or via the tune-in app (ask your home assistant to "play Rocksport Radio" ). Podcast available by tomorrow lunchtime"

4 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

OK let’s get this going. Assuming weather doesn’t create problems I’ll go for a Somerset win on Wednesday by six with Tigers going through on aggregate on Friday. Don’t think tactical substitute can be used at this stage as it’s a two legged tie.

I'd settle for that, Tigers to edge it overall :t:

Think we caught Somerset cold when we won there earlier in the season , as that was the first meeting with their revamped side . But I think we can keep things close enough to take the tie over the two legs . 

A lot depends on the lower order of both sides . Anders Rowe has done ok at home riding at 2 , Stoneman has improved , but Luke Harris seems to find the going at CL level hard going . 

Whereas for us , Connor Bailey gets better by the week and is starting to take the scalps of more experienced riders , Sam Jensen has undoubted potential , but is still at the stage of falling while trying too hard . Andersen is nothing special , while Bickley can gate but lacks the pace for four laps away from Ashfield . Its is still a bit of a concern that at the end of his second season he still hasn't reached a four point average despite all the hype surrounding him when he turned 16 . He still has time on his side though . 

Cook and Jensen are as good as any visiting riders round the Oak Tree Arena , while Vissing is capable of steady support . Schlein , Harris , Covatti and Morris have their work cut out to get the better of the clashes amongst the heat leaders 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Paulco said:

Think we caught Somerset cold when we won there earlier in the season , as that was the first meeting with their revamped side . But I think we can keep things close enough to take the tie over the two legs . 

A lot depends on the lower order of both sides . Anders Rowe has done ok at home riding at 2 , Stoneman has improved , but Luke Harris seems to find the going at CL level hard going . 

Whereas for us , Connor Bailey gets better by the week and is starting to take the scalps of more experienced riders , Sam Jensen has undoubted potential , but is still at the stage of falling while trying too hard . Andersen is nothing special , while Bickley can gate but lacks the pace for four laps away from Ashfield . Its is still a bit of a concern that at the end of his second season he still hasn't reached a four point average despite all the hype surrounding him when he turned 16 . He still has time on his side though . 

Cook and Jensen are as good as any visiting riders round the Oak Tree Arena , while Vissing is capable of steady support . Schlein , Harris , Covatti and Morris have their work cut out to get the better of the clashes amongst the heat leaders 

Bickley has had 2 full seasons at reserve which is a worry, he is stylish but lacks” get up and go”,comparing him to Bailey who puts himself about.Still time is on his side.Who does he belong too.?

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Bickley has had 2 full seasons at reserve which is a worry, he is stylish but lacks” get up and go”,comparing him to Bailey who puts himself about.Still time is on his side.Who does he belong too.?

Belle Vue I would imagine 

He was scoring well earlier in the season , then Bailey arrived and has progressed at a rate of knots and is now ahead of him , which seems to have had a negative effect on Kyle 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

so i take it your season is over ! i would bin him for 2020 . in fact he will probably bin Glasgow . but hey ho , thats the life of a speedway rider .

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He hasnt really done anything wrong. Young riders are often inconsistent and Bickley got extra spotlight on him when the middle order went soft during the mid part of the season. He started the season well when tracks were slick and has struggled to recapture that form. However the alternative was that we stuck with Lawlor and he hasnt exactly outperformed. 

Kyle does need to become more aggressive right from the off rather than waiting for an incident drawing it out of him. He can play a key part in our play off chances if he steps up.

1 hour ago, jenga said:

so i take it your season is over ! i would bin him for 2020 . in fact he will probably bin Glasgow . but hey ho , thats the life of a speedway rider .

No;)

2 hours ago, jenga said:

He is a Berwick fan so what are you slavering about.

Personally i feel Kyle has done well, as said young riders can be inconsistent but Kyle has done perfectly fine and will improve at his own pace.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

just defending one of your prized captures .