British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dickie Head

Somerset & Glasgow Semi Final Second Leg 2/10/19

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

just defending one of your prized captures . 

As I recall it, you surrendered him! ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GlasVegas said:

As I recall it, you surrendered him! ;)

i suppose thats another way of seeing things .

I would love to see a Rebels home victory as I then believe the return leg would be very interesting with a fair chance of a rebels victory, that said the Tigers are looking clear favorites. Rebels will need a good/strong referee to stop the Cookie rollers!

The South West weather is currently not good & forecast not looking any better for tomorrow.  Early cancellation always the best policy Debbie............. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I would love to see a Rebels home victory as I then believe the return leg would be very interesting with a fair chance of a rebels victory, that said the Tigers are looking clear favorites. Rebels will need a good/strong referee to stop the Cookie rollers!

The South West weather is currently not good & forecast not looking any better for tomorrow.  Early cancellation always the best policy Debbie............. 

Think it is a close call between these 2

Edited by Fromafar

From Rebels WEBsite

Wednesday's teams:
Cases' Somerset Rebels 1 Rory Schlein 2 Anders Rowe 3 Nick Morris 4 Nico Covatti 5 Chris Harris 6 Nathan Stoneman 7 Luke Harris - Team Manager Garry May
Glasgow 'Allied Vehicle' Tigers 1 Craig Cook 2 Mikkel B Andersen 3 Claus Vissing 4 Sam Jensen 5 Rasmus Jensen 6 Connor Bailey 7 Kyle Bickley - Team Manager Cameron Brown

55 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I cant recall any meeting this season , and I think I watch Cook race more than you , where Craig has received a ref warning for a starting offense.  If Craig is guilty of rolling I'm sure at least one ref will have noticed since April .

• Like 5

Weather permitting, I am hoping to be there.

'Mon the Tigers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Me too, although a little concerned about track conditions after the rain we had yesterday about 30 miles away That said, it is dry today and with a breeze which will a strong wind down there so should help dry things out. Any updates from those more local would be appreciated.

14 hours ago, Paulco said:

I cant recall any meeting this season , and I think I watch Cook race more than you , where Craig has received a ref warning for a starting offense.  If Craig is guilty of rolling I'm sure at least one ref will have noticed since April .

I've only seen him at Redcar and he must have been rolling in every heat, because he always seems to enter first corner in lead!!  Can't think of any other reason than rolling :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whereas our rider Erik Riss also usually gets to the first bend ahead, but of course he is just a good gater and never rolls!!  :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, westernflyer said:

Meeting off as per rebels website. Restage date next Wednesday. 

Rory must have done a track inspection;)

• Haha 5

Friday's weather at Ashfield doesn't look too clever either.

If the forecast becomes reality would prefer if they called it early rather than get it on for the sake of it, like the Scunny meeting.

• Haha 4

Will either side have to change their riding order as we are now into October and I guess new averages will be in place?