British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dickie Head

Somerset & Glasgow Semi Final Second Leg 2/10/19

On 9/30/2019 at 3:39 PM, Dickie Head said:

Will either side have to change their riding order as we are now into October and I guess new averages will be in place?

Chris Harris now at 1 for the rebels and Rory at 3. Based on last night the rebels top 5 likely to outscore tigers top 5 so again the reserves will have a crucial role. They might have only got 1 point last night but they tried there heart out and I'm sure they will be in the points tonight. So rebels to win but hopefully cookie and rasser can do the business in heats 13 and 15 and we sneak a win on aggregate. Fingers and everything else crossed. Just a pity that the winners will have to wait 2 weeks for the final with Leicester being allowed to prioritise NL fixtures over the championship 

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Chris Harris now at 1 for the rebels and Rory at 5. Based on last night the rebels top 5 likely to outscore tigers top 5 so again the reserves will have a crucial role. They might have only got 1 point last night but they tried there heart out and I'm sure they will be in the points tonight. So rebels to win but hopefully cookie and rasser can do the business in heats 13 and 15 and we sneak a win on aggregate. Fingers and everything else crossed. Just a pity that the winners will have to wait 2 weeks for the final with Leicester being allowed to prioritise NL fixtures over the championship 

according to the Somerset updates , Nick Morris is @ 5 .

Rebels need to be out of sight by heat 13 cos I don’t think they will get near Cook and Jensen. They were so impressive in the Pairs the other week, the perfect practice for tonight.  

Just now, Cliffeboy said:

Rebels need to be out of sight by heat 13 cos I don’t think they will get near Cook and Jensen. They were so impressive in the Pairs the other week, the perfect practice for tonight.  

Does anyone really think the track will be prepared the same way as for the pairs 

Well done lads job done , looks like we were in total control of the situation :t:.

• Like 1

The refresh button on the computer is now worn out. Great performance, never let them get too far away.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Well done lads job done , looks like we were in total control of the situation :t:.

Aye, seems like that,,, according to the updates, it seems your lot had more rollers than Hilda Ogden.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye, seems like that,,, according to the updates, your lot had more rollers than Hilda Ogden.

Saw that don't you just love unbiased updates, makes it all the sweeter.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Well done to the riders, another final to look forward to. Unfortunately it looks around a fortnight away.

Well done Tigers, they never give up, was nerve wracking watching updates. Lets make it our year.

• Like 1

Huge congratulations to the Tigers. A thoroughly deserved win.

After the shock of Cookie losing out to Bomber and Rowe in Ht1,it was never an easy ride for Somerset after that.

Razzers Ht13 ride to go round Bomber and inside Morris was fabulous. Both Kelvin and Nigel would have had a heart attack with the blistering speed. of it. Sensational ride.

Despite 3 Tigers getting more warnings for starting than the local weather forecast, they never let the Rebels get away from them

First time Ive seen Sam Jensen, very impressed.

Now go finish the job and win the title.

Edited by BobC
  • Like 6

Great result for the tigers tonight , fair play to Somerset for making a fist of it , so its down to lions, tigers or bears oh my , lions, tigers or bears oh my ! I'm sure we can find some forum members on here that could play the parts of the Tinman, Scarecrow and the Cowardly lion , lol . You choose but keep it fun ! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1