British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg • Wolverhampton v Swindon (9•10)

11 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Muesli scored12 last time there..so with Doyley and Batch hopefully hitting double figures the top 5 need to be hitting 40 to set up a close match at the Tangerine Arena..Black country 47 West country 43.

Hoping for a Knob v Moonie final

Then got 5 for bv in August at Wolverhampton 

22 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Then got 5 for bv in August at Wolverhampton 

It might be me, but how many guests score the same as they did for their own team.

A tough ask but over two legs this will be a different ball game, i think we can keep within eight points the worrying thing for me is the second leg at the Abbey.If it prepared like it was against Belle Vue last week the home advantage and a track that our home riders could pass on  could give a massive advantage to Wolves which could make any defecit hard to peg back.

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It might be me, but how many guests score the same as they did for their own team.

Douglas scored 18+1 guesting for Swindon at Peterborough, then scored 8+1 for his own team there the following week.

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not many guests are as bad as Josh Graczoneck!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Douglas scored 18+1 guesting for Swindon at Peterborough, then scored 8+1 for his own team there the following week.

He was guesting for Peterborough against Swindon when he scored 18 + 1.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Works at Poole too as he guested for Peterborough and got 9+1, guested for Poole the other week and got 8+1 and when Wolves were down only got 5! All at a reserve position btw.

42 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Works at Poole too as he guested for Peterborough and got 9+1, guested for Poole the other week and got 8+1 and when Wolves were down only got 5! All at a reserve position btw.

Yes if Wolves would like to swap Douglas for THJ then I am sure we could be accommodating!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Wolves will take a 6-10 point lead to Blunsdon, will it be enough? Who knows, its going to be very tight.

Much could depend on the weather, we must have had a month worth of rainfall yesterday alone, and no real dry days between now and Monday forecast so track could be very wet.

The last meeting we had conditions like that was bank holiday Monday v Belle Vue, where we won by 18, but don't see Swindon being that easy.

Who ever wins this semi should be firm favourites for the title i would have thought.

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I think Wolves will take a 6-10 point lead to Blunsdon, will it be enough? Who knows, its going to be very tight.

Much could depend on the weather, we must have had a month worth of rainfall yesterday alone, and no real dry days between now and Monday forecast so track could be very wet.

The last meeting we had conditions like that was bank holiday Monday v Belle Vue, where we won by 18, but don't see Swindon being that easy.

Who ever wins this semi should be firm favourites for the title i would have thought.

Wolves are the favourites, things happen in speedway but on current form you would have to fancy them to win over two legs.

Latest betting..Robins 13/8, Wolves/Pirates 9/4 ,Witches 10/1.

One advantage (albeit small and minor) that Wolves have is that, I believe, there are no tactical substitutes in the play- offs. Jason Doyle will be the best rider on show, over the 2 legs, by a mile. So to limit him to 5 rides at Monmore will be good from a Wolves perspective.

• Like 2

Swindon will win both legs

They will then win both legs of the final regardless of who the opponents are.....

• Haha 1

If Thorsell brings his Swedish playoff form it's Swindon in the final for sure.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Col said:

If Thorsell brings his Swedish playoff form it's Swindon in the final for sure.

I fail to see the relevance of that.

his last 6 scores for Wolves are 13, 4, 14, 9, 10 & 9.

Way more relevant.