British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg • Wolverhampton v Swindon (9•10)

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

I have a similar vague recollection, I think it involved Kasprzak and a civic reception though.

That’s the one. When he rode for Cov.

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

If I remember correctly ~ although I'm probably wrong ~ I think KK put Coventry first in this case and missed the Civic Reception, which was quite surprising considering his reputation?  :unsure:

I’m convinced he didn’t, I’d have been more surprised if he did put his UK club first!

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

If I remember correctly ~ although I'm probably wrong ~ I think KK put Coventry first in this case and missed the Civic Reception, which was quite surprising considering his reputation?  :unsure:

12 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

That’s the one. When he rode for Cov.

I’m convinced he didn’t, I’d have been more surprised if he did put his UK club first!

KK was one of the most straightforward riders I had the pleasure of dealing with. He’s a thoroughly nice guy too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

KK was one of the most straightforward riders I had the pleasure of dealing with. He’s a thoroughly nice guy too.

I’m surprised. But thanks for sharing that.

However his lack of commitment saw Coventry (twice), Poole, Lakeside and Birmingham sack him tho!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I’m surprised. But thanks for sharing that.

However his lack of commitment saw Coventry (twice), Poole, Lakeside and Birmingham sack him tho!

Did Belle Vue dump him too ?

This meeting looks like it’s got two hopes of being on tomorrow. No hope and Bob Hope. And Bob has left the arena.

Would the winners of this tie insist on having the 2nd leg of the final at their home track? 

Or does BT's schedule call the tune?

Have Wolverhampton got access to any track covers, looks like the rain will have cleared by start time. 

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

Would the winners of this tie insist on having the 2nd leg of the final at their home track? 

Or does BT's schedule call the tune?

It seems to be that BT calls the schedule 

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Absolutely not. He rode for BV in 2009 and, as Neil Watson found,  was a great guy to work with. He and I would meet in the office before every home meeting and go through his pay slips to make sure he was happy everything was up to date, then, more often than not, he’d go out and score double figures. 

But there is no doubt he is an enigma. When he rode at Poole in 2017 he just seemed to close up and no one - management, fans or fellow team members - could get through to him. Such a shame

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Absolutely not. He rode for BV in 2009 and, as Neil Watson found,  was a great guy to work with. He and I would meet in the office before every home meeting and go through his pay slips to make sure he was happy everything was up to date, then, more often than not, he’d go out and score double figures. 

But there is no doubt he is an enigma. When he rode at Poole in 2017 he just seemed to close up and no one - management, fans or fellow team members - could get through to him. Such a shame

That bottom sentance and half is true Gordon, nobody could work  out what was wrong. Normally he was very playful and mischeivious, but for whatever reason all that stopped.  On his night as we all know he's very good.

20 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

That bottom sentance and half is true Gordon, nobody could work  out what was wrong. Normally he was very playful and mischeivious, but for whatever reason all that stopped.  On his night as we all know he's very good.

Which bit of the 2nd sentence isn't true?

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I didn’t say every club dumped him. Just that 4 clubs dropped him 5 times. I guess that’s the issue you didn’t get. :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

Ipswich would win the title as they would be the only team in the final

Not at all. Wolves were involved in a Boxing Day meeting in the 60's. Can't see a problem with doing that !