British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg • Wolverhampton v Swindon (9•10)

I’m not sure if this season will ever end! Wolves looking bad for today and, in the little league, Leicester looking bad for Saturday. All the Aussies still involved in the play offs will be itching to get back home for some sun. Will some slope off early?

It is raining in Wolverhampton this morning and it looks like we've had a fair amount over night.

34 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

Kasperzak was doing well at Belle Vue up until they sacked two riders to bring Crump in after that he lost all interest

don`t think he cared for Crump too much it was said at the time he got changed in his van.

Once again you malign a rider without worrying about the truth. KK had one bad meeting - the one away to Coventry when Crump returned. JC scored 15, KK, 2. 

He was “spoken to” after that and his home scores after that - up until JC got injured - were 11+2, 12 and 11. To me, that’s not exactly losing interest. 

And, if he changed in his van, he must have had a secret door from the changing rooms to the car park as he went in there in his day clothes, and came out in his race suit. 

I am biased of course because he exceeded my expectations and was one of the most professional riders I had to deal with. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Once again you malign a rider without worrying about the truth. KK had one bad meeting - the one away to Coventry when Crump returned. JC scored 15, KK, 2. 

He was “spoken to” after that and his home scores after that - up until JC got injured - were 11+2, 12 and 11. To me, that’s not exactly losing interest. 

And, if he changed in his van, he must have had a secret door from the changing rooms to the car park as he went in there in his day clothes, and came out in his race suit. 

I am biased of course because he exceeded my expectations and was one of the most professional riders I had to deal with. 

Shame he wasn't spoken to when he was at Poole! 

25 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

It's off.....Now Wednesday!

Good call.The weather is meant to improve on Tuesday and the forecast for Wednesday is no rain at all.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Shame he wasn't spoken to when he was at Poole! 

He was. Several times but sadly it didn’t work. He kept himself to himself, used a mechanic based, I think, in Peterborough despite being offered the use of Middlo’s workshop. 

I still like the guy but am sorry the way things went.

• Like 2

Wednesday clashes with Poole v Kings Lynn. A far more important fixture. Seriously what was likely to be a pretty dire crowd will now be down to probably the worst ever crowd in Poole’s history. Better to change to Thursday now. For the Poole meeting

• Haha 1

Another rain off... Who would have thought, important speedway fixtures in the UK in October being rained off. 

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wednesday clashes with Poole v Kings Lynn. A far more important fixture. Seriously what was likely to be a pretty dire crowd will now be down to probably the worst ever crowd in Poole’s history. Better to change to Thursday now. For the Poole meeting

2nd leg is live on TV on the Thursday. It's a no win situation for the Poole management.

I don't see why they can't have the tv meeting on in the glass stand then people can watch both if they want..

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Still on BT?

Yes.

• Like 2

Just going through Wolves on train..passed Monmore no point in getting off then!

Edited by auntie doris

14 hours ago, Gemini said:

I'm sure he had at least one good season with Coventry and that included the time he put them first rather than attend the reception in Poland? Admittedly though he seemed to lack commitment sometimes and was probably not a rider you would want in the team the following year.

I’m sure he had good seasons for Cov, Aces, Poole and Lakeside. Didn’t stop them sacking him tho!

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Can wolves not ride tomorrow???

No, off night is Wednesday.