British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg • Wolverhampton v Swindon (9•10)

We havnt ran the first leg yet. Oh dam this weather. I know, lets call it all off and just make Poole champions we finished top. There thats a plan...:party:

22 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Will the first leg actually happen tomorrow?

If it doesn't then consideration must be given to running this semi after the final has been completed. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

On Monday when the 1st leg was postponed, Tuesday and Wednesday were looking to be dry days, but we’ve had a bit of rain down here today and due some tomorrow, as are wolves...not good.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:55 PM, Starman2006 said:

We havnt ran the first leg yet. Oh dam this weather. I know, lets call it all off and just make Poole champions we finished top. There thats a plan...:party:

I think you might find that Poole got knocked out by Ipswich and I don;t think in any sport they give the title to a losing semi finalist

• Like 1

But in some sports they do give it to teams that finish top of the table. You know like the small following sport called football ;) :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

But in some sports they do give it to teams that finish top of the table. You know like the small following sport called football ;) :D

Some have been asking for years to have a League Winners Cup in addition to the Cup for the winners of the playoffs.

The bspa, ie the promoters, come up with the rules etc so it is down to them.   

Edited by A ORLOV

Good weather forecast.

Happy to report no rain in Wolverhampton today.

• Like 2

the anticipation builds...

seriously though, feels like a loss of momentum / interest this late in the season

Wolves need a 10pt plus need I think to progress

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You lot wasn't saying that last season :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You lot wasn't saying that last season :P

Ah, but this only happens if no leg of the final gets completed by Nov 1st! ;) Though I'd be interested to know what the actual rule is! 

Ah, but this only happens if no leg of the final gets completed by Nov 1st! ;) Though I'd be interested to know what the actual rule is! 

It's Ippo then ;). Rules.... What are they in Speedway :blink:

Looking forward to watching some speedway tonight, at last. Hoping to see some good racing with all riders keeping fit for the return.

As for a score.. TBH i'm not sure. Wolves will need 10+ I think. Not sure they will get that tonight though.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Alphabetical order, coin toss, unwritten  rule to be implemented? Think no one will care by then anyway. 

• Like 1