British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg • Wolverhampton v Swindon (9•10)

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t tell me you still think it’s in the balance?:lol:

I’m not going to get over-confident like the pie rats - how did that end for you?

i

• Thanks 1

Just now, sommelier said:

Thank f==k for that!

After the final.:lol: (unless it’s delayed)

Just now, sommelier said:

Thank f==k for that!

Amen brother..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Terrible call. Ref is having a shocker, as is Adams who seems resigned to defeat. Why not on the phone to the ref? If I am honest he looks like he has had his day but Wolves fans will be up in arms over that. 

Correct. Adams is a disgrace tonight, seems happy with a loss.

No inspiration, no motivation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marko said:

I do feel a little sorry for the Wolves fans, you spend all season willing your team to get into the top four, have to wait weeks for the final meetings, and then you get served this!

Would have been a different meeting if the rain had stayed away

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

Correct. Adams is a disgrace tonight, seems happy with a loss.

No inspiration, no motivation.

And people including myself said he would be the right choice as Team GB manager on this performance I retract my comment

Just now, Steve0 said:

I’m not going to get over-confident like the pie rats - how did that end for you?

i

If I had won by 10-14 points away in the first leg I would 110% be celebrating making the final. It would take the chokiest chokes of chokesdon Hill for there to be an upset. Considering Swindon haven’t been beaten at home this season and have a huge lead, I think it’s safe to say the title is in the bag this season. Ipswich are no threat whatsoever.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Absolutely rubbish speedway. Thanks to all the promoters for giving us speedway holidays in the balmy evenings of spring and summer and then dishing this rubbish up because their backs are to wall in trying to get matches on at any cost in the back end of the season.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The only way this tie could possibly still be in the balance is IF the track tomorrow is in the same virtually unrideable state as tonight. Utter farce of a meeting tonight but what can they do when the TV are there and the play offs are in big trouble if the meeting was called off?!.....One day the powers that be, may realise that the play offs need to be earlier in the year to have more chance of not being utter embarrassing farces!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Would have been a different meeting if the rain had stayed away

Would the ref have improved ???

Hard luck on Wolves tonight. Really the meeting shouldn’t have gone ahead at all, but needs must at times. Unfortunately the wolves fans that have turned up have forked out for a night of awful racing and a home defeat. The weather has ruined what should have been a great couple of meetings.

I was planning on going up on Monday until it was rained off, but couldn’t make it tonight. Largely I’m glad though looking at the state of the racing and that bloody toe curling track presenter.

Well done to the Robins fans that have made the journey up there.

Edited by Speedy swindon pete
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It's going to be backs to the wall for the Robins if we have a chance to get through

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ytsejam said:

The only way this tie could possibly still be in the balance is IF the track tomorrow is in the same virtually unrideable state as tonight. Utter farce of a meeting tonight but what can they do when the TV are there and the play offs are in big trouble if the meeting was called off?!.....One day the powers that be, may realise that the play offs need to be earlier in the year to have more chance of not being utter embarrassing farces!

Totally agree...start the season earlier!