British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg • Wolverhampton v Swindon (9•10)

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

The expected result the minute the cameras showed the track drenched.F Fairplay to Swindon who did what any away side would do.

Advantage Robins tho right now. 

Rory and Luke at least gave 110%, 2 out of 7 not good enough. 

Because Wolves riders can't set their bikes up for wet conditions?

Thorsell displayed his 2019 playoff form. Longitudinal & latitudinal lines were expectedly irrelevant to any sensible speedway observer.

Steve... Did I or did I not having watched the Eliteserin playoffs predict that Thorsell would perform equally as disappointingly for Wolves as he did for Dackarna? Which even you have to agree he did..

So, all season long we're told to wait for the play-offs, it's all about qualifying for the play-offs, get your fixtures finished in time fpr the play-offs, risk your track's season finishing ridiculously early if you don't qualify for the play-offs, the play-offs are all, they're wonderful - and they're coming soon! Only two weeks to the play-offs. You change the team round, find new riders, and.....qualify for the PLAY-OFFS!

Then you get tonight.

And they expect you to pay nearly £20.......

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 5

To be honest that meeting should not of been on and hand on heart Wolves were very unlucky.The track conditions made it a real leveller for us,and despite the riders putting on a great show it was a poor spectacle game over now but Wolves will keep battling tonight.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting that everyone has put him in their 2020 teams, not Vissing or Perks though :D

Wrong!  I said months ago that Perks would be the first name on my team sheet next season

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Wrong!  I said months ago that Perks would be the first name on my team sheet next season

I had them both in my 2020 team that I posted on here. Looks like someone hasn't been paying attention.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They got lucky with the conditions. Poole would have had 60+ had it not rained and played into the away sides hands.

Ipswich are zero threat to Swindon in the final. Two easy wins, just like tonight was for them.

keep sucking on them lemons. You wasn't good enough full stop. 

• Like 2

I think Perks is a certainty and i have really enjoyed watching him ride he will make more progress next year.Douglas on his average is a rider that interests me would love him to come to. But every club will be interested he is a rider who in time will cope with being in a top five.

Edited by Sidney the robin

43 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think Perks is a certainty and i have really enjoyed watching him ride he will make more progress next year.Douglas on his average is a rider that interests me would love him to come to. But every club will be interested he is a rider who in time will cope with being in a top five.

Do you know what Sid, based on the last few meetings I would have Vissing back. Hes gotten to grips with the Abbey and has scored a few away as well. Rasser has of course been an absolute star since he came in but the difference Perks and Vissing have made has been just as important IMO.

• Like 1

Think it will be a major shock if wolves manage to turn this around but then again I thought Poole were safe going into the second leg so what do I know lol.not a lover of the play offs but if we ve got to have them get the league meeting s finished earlier so we have more chance of running play off s in better conditions. Hats off to all riders last night 

• Like 1

That meeting would have never been run during the regular season.  Double standards, as always in Speedway. Joe Public tucked up once again.

• Like 1

best  advert i have seen on tv for speedway , ever ... NOT.. why does speedway run the most important meetings @ the end of the season when its cold/WET and all the supporters are shivering their bits off ? it would be easier to run the trophy meeting early doors and then fly through all the remaining league meeting while the sun shines and fans are happy under the rays of the sun .  .

then run all the fours/pairs and individual meetings just after the league . 

season finishes in July . everyone goes home happy , dry and warm .

British speedway can be dreadful at times and is not worth following at times like this .

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 7:18 AM, foreverblue said:

Thorsell will be fine, guaranteed double figures monday. 

On a dry track he would have been fine. 

19 minutes ago, semion said:

That meeting would have never been run during the regular season.  Double standards, as always in Speedway. Joe Public tucked up once again.

No it wouldn't have but it still baffles me why we run meeting's in October, there is no need. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Do you know what Sid, based on the last few meetings I would have Vissing back. Hes gotten to grips with the Abbey and has scored a few away as well. Rasser has of course been an absolute star since he came in but the difference Perks and Vissing have made has been just as important IMO.

Dog you are spot on can you remember the Poole home match Claus scored only 1 point but rode well since then he has contributed very well an astute signing by Rosco.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

No it wouldn't have but it still baffles me why we run meeting's in October, there is no need. 

So far we have haf farcical play offs in the PL & NL with only the CL being spared by so much rain that the fixtures have been constantly put back.  Every year we repeat the same mess, start with league fixtures get them through and run the play offs then once the title has been completed move onto the lesser comps like KO cup & whatever trophies you like (if home league fixtures haven't been completed by a hard cut off date then its either refunds on season tickets or prevent those clubs entering the KO cup).

• Like 2