British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg • Wolverhampton v Swindon (9•10)

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Dear lord! I'm talking about fans. Not hard to work out, shall I simplify everything for you if you are having trouble. 

I’d have a look closer to home before patronising everyone else.

• Like 4

No one has won at The Shabbey this year, so would be the performance of the season for Wolves to win this. Double figures from Muesli at Wolves again, Wolves should have kept him. Good all round performance, and special mention to Captain Doyley, Adam, Vissing, Tobi. Been a great season with crowds increasing and much better racing. Lee Kilby deserves a mention. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Track conditions made a huge difference. Wet tracks always favour the away side. 

I think it was a case of this meeting will start if at all possible. Adams said at about 7.40 something like "There will be racing" . The pressure was on, what with BT there, and time running out. When I saw the track staff brushing the water of the track with brooms, I though "no way".

Fair play to the riders. Mr Becker showed some balls..  It was a shame because it disadvantaged Wolves. But all the riders came through it, and there is another 15 heats to go.

I have no preference out of the 2 teams, as to who gets to the final, but think Wolves a due are bit of luck in the 2nd leg, or the same advantage the Robins got tonight, with the track not being as they are used to.

1 hour ago, ytsejam said:

The only way this tie could possibly still be in the balance is IF the track tomorrow is in the same virtually unrideable state as tonight. Utter farce of a meeting tonight but what can they do when the TV are there and the play offs are in big trouble if the meeting was called off?!.....One day the powers that be, may realise that the play offs need to be earlier in the year to have more chance of not being utter embarrassing farces!

I'll never understand why these promoters continue to play dangerous games by having gaps in the fixtures in the Summer before making a mad dash to cram them all into September and October when the weather starts to turn for the worse.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He isn’t going to get a ride there so needs to be in the third tier to start.

Hes already riding in 2nd league over there at Rawicz keep up.

The forecast for tomorrow in Swindon is dry all day. 54-36ish

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The forecast for tomorrow in Swindon is dry all day. 54-36ish

Or as we say in Swindon, an Ipswicher. 

• Haha 2

On 9/27/2019 at 10:02 AM, stevebrum said:

Thorssell isn’t out of form, as proven by his scores in the UK leagues as recent as last week. :rolleyes:

He certainly brought his Swedish playoff form to the GB playoffs, as I thought he would.

• Like 1

Fun fact .... if you block Shovvy, this thread is only 15 pages and makes a lot of sense. 

Bitter or what eh ? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Well done to Swindon for adapting better to the awful conditions, particularly Musielak. Poles often go missing on damp, cold UK nights in Autumn when their domestic season is over but he was superb.

Hats off to Luke Becker, made the meeting worth watching. Great attitude.

Shame the conditions made it a farce, but it had to go ahead at some point.

Edited by Col

23 minutes ago, Col said:

Piles often go missing on damp, 

Piles often come because of the damp

• Haha 1

Wouldn't know about Piles, thank goodness. :D

Edited by Col

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

It's not over yet, The Tangerine Arena will be wet.

Believe me, it is totally all over.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well what a load of rubbish that was. I was a complete neutral here, and didn’t care who won. But it was dire. Yes the rain caused mayhem and made the trickiest track even trickier than usual. But Wolves had the drive and enthusiasm of their manager Peter Adams, who’s passion was clearly absent. Clearly he has had his day. 

Well done Swindon. All very easy. Wolves had no fight whatsoever, other than young Becker and Schlein. 

If course you had no interest, you were already eliminated. If it's not Poole it's  not speedway.

• Like 3