British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg • Wolverhampton v Swindon (9•10)

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I’m surprised. But thanks for sharing that.

However his lack of commitment saw Coventry (twice), Poole, Lakeside and Birmingham sack him tho!

I don't believe KK was released from Coventry twice, and when I released him in 2013 it was for just the last match of the season to give Linus Sundstrom an opportunity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickthemuppet said:

Ipswich would win the title as they would be the only team in the final

Is this your own rule or an official one? Maybe the three teams would have to share it! Lol. I'm sure Poole had to share a trophy with someone once! 

3 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I don't believe KK was released from Coventry twice, and when I released him in 2013 it was for just the last match of the season to give Linus Sundstrom an opportunity.

Splitting hairs maybe, either way he was released!

5 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Surely that should read "when the club released him"?

6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Splitting hairs maybe, either way he was released!

Released, but only once

3 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Surely that should read "when the club released him"?

As I was Club promoter the two are synonymous

Edited by NeilWatson

9 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

As I was Club promoter the two are synonymous

Yes, but as a former promoter you must realise that you will be judged on the quality & wording of your statements. Blowing ones own trumpet isn't a recipe for success IMO. Having said that your promotion of Coventry Speedway wasn't much of a success so "par for the course" I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Yes, but as a former promoter you must realise that you will be judged on the quality & wording of your statements. Blowing ones own trumpet isn't a recipe for success IMO. Having said that your promotion of Coventry Speedway wasn't much of a success so "par for the course" I suppose.

I don't see any self-aggrandisement in the post I made, however I believe my promoting career has been more successful than yours.......

25 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I don't see any self-aggrandisement in the post I made, however I believe my promoting career has been more successful than yours.......

Ha Ha  , speedway promotion - never my choice of career. However I have been around the sport long enough to recognise a good promoter when I see one.:D

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

Ha Ha  , speedway promotion - never my choice of career. However I have been around the sport long enough to recognise a good promoter when I see one.:D

Unless you know what goes on behind the scenes, it's pretty hard to judge. One that appears good on the surface could be a t**t behind the scenes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

However his lack of commitment saw Coventry (twice), Poole, Lakeside and Birmingham sack him tho!

I'm sure he had at least one good season with Coventry and that included the time he put them first rather than attend the reception in Poland? Admittedly though he seemed to lack commitment sometimes and was probably not a rider you would want in the team the following year.

Edited by Gemini

Well the rain is going through very early so fingers crossed there’s enough time to fix the track. Yesterday it looked like a no hoper but Bob Hope has got a cab back to the arena!

Track might well be very heavy. Batchelor will enjoy the conditions.

Can wolves not ride tomorrow???

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well the rain is going through very early so fingers crossed there’s enough time to fix the track. Yesterday it looked like a no hoper but Bob Hope has got a cab back to the arena!

Track might well be very heavy. Batchelor will enjoy the conditions.

Weather forecast looks like rain all day until around 7pm, then a dry evening. If ever there was an occasion where track covers would prove invaluable, today is it.

9 hours ago, Gemini said:

I'm sure he had at least one good season with Coventry and that included the time he put them first rather than attend the reception in Poland? Admittedly though he seemed to lack commitment sometimes and was probably not a rider you would want in the team the following year.

Coventry picked him up after he was sacked at Lakeside after he missed some meetings.  Schlein went the other way to Kings Lynn

in return for Bridger.  That was Kasprzaks best season he didn`t do too well the following season when teamed up with Nicholls.

Kasperzak was doing well at Belle Vue up until they sacked two riders to bring Crump in after that he lost all interest

don`t think he cared for Crump too much it was said at the time he got changed in his van.

Edited by Dornier fixer
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Weather forecast looks like rain all day until around 7pm, then a dry evening. If ever there was an occasion where track covers would prove invaluable, today is it.

That horse, has probably bolted.