British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Eastbourne v Birmingham 28/9/19

Can't see any reason why not. Good guest for Lawson, I would imagine. 

Can't see them putting it off for a week and run against the final GP which will decide the world champion. That would be disastrous for the attendance.

Weather forecast  on Saturday improves every time I look.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

With the 'Lawsongate' saga still raging on, i wonder if this meeting will take place on Saturday.

have I missed something "Lawsongate saga" - a storm in a 5 minute teacup.

It would be a PR catastrophe for Eastbourne to cancel the meeting .

Looking forward to final chance to see 2019 Brummies in action

Edited by HGould
added bit

21 minutes ago, HGould said:

have I missed something "Lawsongate saga" - a storm in a 5 minute teacup.

It would be a PR catastrophe for Eastbourne to cancel the meeting .

Looking forward to final chance to see 2019 Brummies in action

Watch this space. Eastbourne have a history of storms in teacups.

Any one care to explain the Lawson gate saga ???

13 minutes ago, waco said:

Any one care to explain the Lawson gate saga ???

Lawsongate (if that is what it is) in two sentences: Lawson's top league club (Ipswich) now riding on Saturday in P.O. semi-final against Poole when his second tier club (Eastbourne) have a league fixture. BSPA says Lawson must ride for Ipswich even though the rule book says Mondays and Thursday are the only days when a Premiership club has priority on riders when there is a clash.

#bestinterestsofspeedway #not

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Lawsongate (if that is what it is) in two sentences: Lawson's top league club (Ipswich) now riding on Saturday in P.O. semi-final against Poole when his second tier club (Eastbourne) have a league fixture. BSPA says Lawson must ride for Ipswich even though the rule book says Mondays and Thursday are the only days when a Premiership club has priority on riders when there is a clash.

#bestinterestsofspeedway #not

Sums it up perfectly.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

BSPA says Lawson must ride for Ipswich even though the rule book says Mondays and Thursday are the only days when a Premiership club has priority on riders when there is a clash.

Where have the BSPA said that ? Your source please.

I am aware that Hawkins, boss of Ipswich has tweeted “He’s riding for us” but that may just be his personal opinion. 

Isn't Buster Chapman chairman of the BSPA. Isn't Buster Chapman owner of Ipswich. One reason why there has to be an independent Chairman, and not one that just makes a mockery of the sport in doing so for his own self interest. Surely rules are rules and while they are being manipulated time after time, then nobody can take this so called sport seriously.

4 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

Isn't Buster Chapman chairman of the BSPA. Isn't Buster Chapman owner of Ipswich. One reason why there has to be an independent Chairman, and not one that just makes a mockery of the sport in doing so for his own self interest. Surely rules are rules and while they are being manipulated time after time, then nobody can take this so called sport seriously.

According to yesterday's podcast Buster Chapman ISN'T the owner of Ipswich!!

The rulebook should be enforced. Lawson should be riding for Eastbourne on Saturday. The Birmingham match has been in the fixture list for weeks, and should take priority. 

2 hours ago, woofers said:

Where have the BSPA said that ? Your source please.

I am aware that Hawkins, boss of Ipswich has tweeted “He’s riding for us” but that may just be his personal opinion. 

That's a statement of fact, not an opinion. If it was an opinion, he would have said: I think Richard (that's Lawson, not me, but I'm willing to give it a go:rofl:) should ride for us

Firstly I think the rule book should be adhered to, we already have unwritten rules that may or may not be implemented at the whim of the bspa. At that point because of his service to Eastie this season allow Lawson to ride for Ipswich at Easties discretion for his sake subject to a guest facility. Lawson gets to ride in an important match and Eastie come out with some credit. What really grates is the nonchalant way the bspa and premiership clubs walk over lower league clubs and their fans almost enjoying it in the process.