British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Eastbourne v Birmingham 28/9/19

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

I understood what you meant, I was simply pointing out that there is nothing in the rule that gives Eastbourne the flexibility to ‘allow’ Richard Lawson to ride elsewhere.

Ok, well he should be at Eastie then.

There is a rule that trumps all others: MC can make decisions in best interests of speedway.

And, to be totally fair, [as long as Eastbourne get a decent guest] I would hate to be the man who had to tell Richard, sorry you can't ride in a top division semi-final, you have to ride for the Eagles.

Richard is a good man, a decent man and he deserves to be treated well. My bet is the Eagles will step aside, reluctantly but without a fuss and will in no way make it awkward for Richard Lawson. He deserves no less.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

There is a rule that trumps all others: MC can make decisions in best interests of speedway.

And, to be totally fair, [as long as Eastbourne get a decent guest] I would hate to be the man who had to tell Richard, sorry you can't ride in a top division semi-final, you have to ride for the Eagles.

Richard is a good man, a decent man and he deserves to be treated well. My bet is the Eagles will step aside, reluctantly but without a fuss and will in no way make it awkward for Richard Lawson. He deserves no less.

Hopefully you're right. These fixtures need to get run ASAP, before the winter sets in.

Richard is the big loser here as will lose a nights wage, whichever way.

if he has to ride for ippo then Eastbourne fans are the losers in not seeing their  best rider over the season not being able to race the last home match of the season.

Edited by KN1
  • Like 2

It has been confirmed on the Eastbourne website, after much deliberation, Saturdays meeting is definitely going ahead. This is good news for all of us intending to go to this fixture.

7 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

It has been confirmed on the Eastbourne website, after much deliberation, Saturdays meeting is definitely going ahead. This is good news for all of us intending to go to this fixture.

It is indeed. And Eastbourne have given a very detailed explanation of the processes which they went through. Well done the Eagles for being so open with fans. – pity other organisations in the sport cannot follow this example. 

Yes very well done Eastie. It's Richard I feel sorry for (and the Eastie fans and Management) to use the BSPA's well loved phrased "in the interests of the sport" I wonder if the BSPA will make good on Richards lost income for having to miss out on riding at Eastbourne - I doubt it.

• Like 1

Very glad the match is on.

Well done Eastbourne,  us 4 Brummies on the way on Saturday in hope and expectation of a good finale to the season

Lets hope weather plays ball to reward Eagles honesty in giving full information.

15 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Richard is a good man, a decent man and he deserves to be treated well. My bet is the Eagles will step aside, reluctantly but without a fuss and will in no way make it awkward for Richard Lawson. He deserves no 

Thats exactly what we both thought would and should happen. I see they've Nick Morris as a guest, also Georgie Wood down at 2, so be interesting to see how he goes after his 'break' and Connor Coles as guest reserve. Fair replacements and should be enough for the home win, although expect Adam Ellis to get plenty as usual at Arlington. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

I'm tipping Brummies to win this.

With no Lawson and Kennett returning after missing last few matches and Wood returning for first time in a month can't see anyone beating Adam round there and Brummies look solid here.

Could be a competitive and tight match, looks like weather will just hold off until Sunday morning.

Very little live speedway left to watch in 2019 so got to watch when you can.

• Like 1

I know this meeting was cut short but not one single comment on the actual meeting, the final meeting for both clubs I think.

A big well done to all of the riders last night, for getting on with the job in very difficult conditions and ensuring we got a result. The financial implications of a rain off would have been dire, for both clubs.

On 9/27/2019 at 2:20 PM, HGould said:

I'm tipping Brummies to win this.

With no Lawson and Kennett returning after missing last few matches and Wood returning for first time in a month can't see anyone beating Adam round there and Brummies look solid here.

Could be a competitive and tight match, looks like weather will just hold off until Sunday morning.

Very little live speedway left to watch in 2019 so got to watch when you can.

That was an accurate prediction H!:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

A big well done to all of the riders last night, for getting on with the job in very difficult conditions and ensuring we got a result. The financial implications of a rain off would have been dire, for both clubs.

Credit to both Clubs riders and management for the way they got the meeting on and got to heat 10 and a result as it would have been a difficult one to rearrange.

I decided to wait around to listen to the Clubs Press Conference and the Presenter there as the meeting finished very early and very friendly home fans made it a very entertaining and informative Event.

What really struck me was the positive atmosphere and real supporter enthusiasm which is great to see and the way the Riders and Team Managers were very open about the season and the future.

• Like 1

Very very poor end to the season. I  understand dates are running out .But we was only ever going to get 10 heats in before it started .