British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike0310

Plymouth speedway

5 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

The cynic in me suggests Plymouth were turned down to ensure the NL has enough teams in it to be viable?

I  think its more about ensuring even numbers in the Championship.

If Newcastle drop out, they'll be in (or at least there will be a place for them).

Anything to do with Plymouth’s promoter? Perhaps they feel that they need extra insurance that he can run a club at a higher level. 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Anything to do with Plymouth’s promoter? Perhaps they feel that they need extra insurance that he can run a club at a higher level. 

Could be value off bond required as you say

On 10/26/2019 at 2:57 PM, CitizenTyler said:

I’m posting this up again as it got bumped back whilst it was waiting to be approved for moderation:

Barker will ride for Plymouth next year if approved for the move up 

The further away from Birmingham the better . 

17 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

The further away from Birmingham the better . 

Is that because he scored 25pts in 2 meetings against you on your own track last season :rofl:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lewy said:

Is that because he scored 25pts in 2 meetings against you on your own track last season :rofl:

No its because he is a complete and utter scum bag. 

• Haha 2

As Barker has been confirmed at Somerset, does that mean Plymouths efforts to move into the Championship have been unsuccessful?

Edited by KevH

Think I need to follow Plymouth a bit more closely next season considering I think of them as my second team but didn't really pay much attention last season: First of all I hope the NL even happens at all!! But if it does I think it will be much weaker than previous season... As a bit of fun, a few names I want to see return:

Richard Andrews - No. 3? And captain

Adam Extance No. 4?

Adam Sheppard No. 2?

Henry Atkins No. 5?

If the limit is high enough and the rumours about him are true, I'd love to see Adam Roynon return as number 1

Then maybe James Chattin, Jamie Bursill, Tom Young or Kris Andrews as reserves? Depends on what fits obviously James and Jamie would be the ideal two

Hope all goes well in the NL AGM today, for ALL teams and we start hearing team news soon

Any other thoughts from people who go every week and actually know something about Plymouth speedway (Unlike me)

http://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/10075/rider-rode-plymouth-plymouths-average

For anyone that’s interested on the Plymouth forum I worked out the statics for last season for every home and away rider at the arena. This was inspired by the film moneyball based on a real story with a baseball club who bought players on pure stats. 

interestingly working on stats throws a team up that would be different to the one I would normally have.

• Confused 1

the first 5 names are....

1-Alfie bowtell - 9.24?
2- Henry Atkins -5.86
3- Richard Andrews - 6.55 
4- ?
5- Nathan Stoneman - 8.22 
6- Sheldon Davies 3.00?
7- ?

Personally think what a superb start to team building ! 

Believe this totals 32.87 leaving 6.13 potentially for team building ?

Read more:  http://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/10068/national-league-team-2020#ixzz68I9OMMy6

• Like 4

Surely Bursill deserves another season, and Sheppard had the season of his life last year and could miss out on a spot.

But without any other team announcements that looks a very strong potentially winning side. And attractive to watch as well.

34 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Surely Bursill deserves another season, and Sheppard had the season of his life last year and could miss out on a spot.

But without any other team announcements that looks a very strong potentially winning side. And attractive to watch as well.

Don't see it with Bursill personally i find him awkward to watch on a bike and the Colliseum doesn't suit him. Sheppard certainly made the most of the home advantage but i fear its his swan song also. 

As for the rest Andrews managed to end on a attractive average again and Atkins looks a bargain on that figure but Stoneman & Bowtell must be considered expensive on those figures? Fingers crossed Davies has got better equipment finally or i fear another season of mediocre for Plymouth.