British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike0310

Plymouth speedway

Tricky  with accident prone riders at 1,3, 5, can they stay fit for long enough 

Tom Spencer would be a very good signing if they could persuade him to do the travelling..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

Tom Spencer would be a very good signing if they could persuade him to do the travelling..

Brother Frank would also be good & apparently he does his own stunts!

Underwhelming Plymouth side so far that will do little to appease the disappointed promotion/fans. Could be tactical to ensure that the move up is seen as the correct one but losses and lower attendances this season could cost the clubs longer term vision.

36 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Underwhelming Plymouth side so far that will do little to appease the disappointed promotion/fans. Could be tactical to ensure that the move up is seen as the correct one but losses and lower attendances this season could cost the clubs longer term vision.

Looks a strong team with the 39 points limit in my view!

• Like 2

I think the team looks great? Can't understand the negative comments at all? Solid top 4, Sheldon and Aaron should grow well, just look forward to seeing who the final signing is... Might not be title winners, but still a good team, will make my way back down again this season for sure

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

What a load of tosh!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Validate your argument please,how is this a poor side solid heat leaders one very solid second string so far and 2 reserves who should improve and  with 3.13 left someone who could interchange with the reserves if needed I totally do not get your argument in my opinion you have just put out a sweeping statement to get a reaction from people like me.

• Like 2

It’s a strong top 4 with particularly improvement potential in Atkins who could easily add 2-3 points on his average. But it looks a poor bottom 3. The third signing is likely to be Bursill and none of those 3 have really pushed on at all despite having opportunities. 

It’s hard to judge when there isn’t other teams to compare against but the top 4 should win them most meetings at home and get the odd points away. It looks like a team that’ll be around 4th and get a play-off spot but they’re lacking something at the bottom end to really make them a title contender. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Islander15 said:

It’s a strong top 4 with particularly improvement potential in Atkins who could easily add 2-3 points on his average. But it looks a poor bottom 3. The third signing is likely to be Bursill and none of those 3 have really pushed on at all despite having opportunities. 

It’s hard to judge when there isn’t other teams to compare against but the top 4 should win them most meetings at home and get the odd points away. It looks like a team that’ll be around 4th and get a play-off spot but they’re lacking something at the bottom end to really make them a title contender. 

A good post alot of common sense  hopefully Davies or butcher  will kick on this season this would make  the difference between a good season or a great season the main thing though will be injuries alot of riders get injured in the nl by over riding. 

• Like 1

Yes a fair post with thought out words used not a random sweeping statement like some others put out on here.

• Haha 1

Solid number 1. Improvement in Atkins. Stoneman should hold that avg. Andrews solid at home but always has the off patch each season. Very long tail though. Can see butcher promoted to number 2 which will ruin his confidence. I see no progress in Davies.

17 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Validate your argument please,how is this a poor side solid heat leaders one very solid second string so far and 2 reserves who should improve and  with 3.13 left someone who could interchange with the reserves if needed I totally do not get your argument in my opinion you have just put out a sweeping statement to get a reaction from people like me.

In my personal opinion and it is all it is based upon. Bowtell & Stoneman are on inflated averages and both will drop over the year, i see no improvement in Butcher, Bursill or Davies so the side very much depends upon Atkins regaining his confidence as his average is 5 for a reason and Andrews who will hammer huge scores in the cup comps when his average is protected and hold his number in league fixtures. 

There are obviously a few surprises to come but  fear when the other teams are built/released Plymouth won't look any better on paper or track as they were this season.