British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike0310

Plymouth speedway

9 hours ago, Islander15 said:

It’s a strong top 4 with particularly improvement potential in Atkins who could easily add 2-3 points on his average. But it looks a poor bottom 3. The third signing is likely to be Bursill and none of those 3 have really pushed on at all despite having opportunities. 

It’s hard to judge when there isn’t other teams to compare against but the top 4 should win them most meetings at home and get the odd points away. It looks like a team that’ll be around 4th and get a play-off spot but they’re lacking something at the bottom end to really make them a title contender. 

I think they will be nearly unbeatable at home with that team tbh. Especially if the reserves get dialled in during pre season practice.

• Like 2

I think the team Plymouth have for 2020 will prove capable @ home & away. Every team has to be built within the limit so all teams should start pretty even. I would love to see better facilities & larger crowds in the forthcoming season.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CountyGround said:

I think the team Plymouth have for 2020 will prove capable @ home & away. Every team has to be built within the limit so all teams should start pretty even. I would love to see better facilities & larger crowds in the forthcoming season.

Went to Plymouth last season for the first time and I was impressed with the facilities, especially for such a small track... Was a nice little cosy home imo, food facilities were good as well, felt like I was walking into an Ekstraliga stadium when I was walking into the entrance to the stands on the 1/2 bend :D Haha

• Like 1

I wonder what's taking Plymouth so long to complete their team? Especially when Jamie Bursill fits in perfectly!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I wonder what's taking Plymouth so long to complete their team? Especially when Jamie Bursill fits in perfectly!

I wonder if there are any come and impress practice days lined up? 

41 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I wonder if there are any come and impress practice days lined up? 

Yes Phillips said he wanted to run some practices first. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Yes Phillips said he wanted to run some practices first. 

Rye House used to run plenty of practice sessions to 'come and impress' when the team places were already signed and not announced. 

• Thanks 1

Pleased to see further developments of the Plymouth site which augurs well for the future.

good luck in the future

• Thanks 1

It is green for go at Plymouth for some speedway from next month.

Promotion must have worked hard on that, now I hope they get the reward with fans going.

• Like 8

Racing at Plymouth will commence on 1st September, and then the following Tuesdays don't know how many meetings they are hoping to get in at the moment.