British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike0310

Plymouth speedway

Good to see a club being so positive over their future.

9 hours ago, BobC said:

Fair play to Plymouth for this positive article. Well worth a read.

https://plymouth-speedway.com/gladiators-get-green-light/

A lot of thought has gone into this :t:, which means that the BSPA will almost certainly kick it into the long grass :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonnybegood said:

Online tickets Sales have just gone live on their website Plymouth-speedway.com

Easy process to buy. Works well.

• Like 2

Awesome effort by Plymouth speedway, this promotion want and deserve success and acceptance into a higher league 

Edited by lewy
  • Like 1

My spirits soared to see a fixture list that is actually... a list of fixtures, rather than a list of postponements.

But no mention of any sort on the BSPA website other than in the upcoming fixtures list. I would have thought that Plymouth's admirable effort was worth even a couple of lines :(

• Like 2

Good to see plymouth getting some meetings on but, 3 teams loads of riders out for a ride and eastbourne have to use a guest ;)

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Good to see plymouth getting some meetings on but, 3 teams loads of riders out for a ride and eastbourne have to use a guest ;)

What a strange thing to say: "Out for a ride."

I very much doubt Tom Brennan and Jason Edwards are "out for a ride".

Tom needs as much bike time as possible because he is competing in the U21 European final and Jason has been in the U19 Euros.

With Bowtell, Brennan, Edwards and Ben Morley you have some of the best NDL riders around. Jake Knight is a 9pt NDL rider and wants to himself in the "shop window". Atkins is on his way up and needs every race he can get and Coles is decent too.

You could argue that the standard of this meeting is a slightly higher calibre than Scunny v Lions on Sunday but I wouldn't want to get into an argument about that because this year any live speedway is good speedway in my book.

Connor King is an interesting one and at his age he will want to impress and what better chance has he got than this.

It may be that King will be part of the Eastbourne young rider academy, which I have heard whispers of. Apparently the academy will link to Polish and Swedish clubs. If you were a youngster, you want to be in that sort of academy and perhaps King has got wind of that too.

Definitely not "out for a ride" sort of match for him and the others too.

We should be celebrating the chance of seeing some live, competitive speedway in 2020. Many fans, sadly, will not get that chance.

• Like 2

Point i was trying to make was i thought eastbourne had a few younsters on their books why bring someone else in ?

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Point i was trying to make was i thought eastbourne had a few younsters on their books why bring someone else in ?

Eastbourne have 3 youngsters in their 2020 CL team.

Two are in the team to go to Devon.

Drew is an Ipswich rider.

Nathan Ablitt I guess starts college around that time and maybe wants to get settled before taking a day off.

Also, gives Eagles a chance to look at someone else.

• Thanks 1