British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike0310

Plymouth speedway

definitely good news , bit of a down side for me thought as i can't be there , if it had been at either of the other two tracks i would have been able to get hold of the dvd . maybe speedway portal will come up with something.  hope it goes well though .

Edited by gee jay

Plymouth just announced live stream for Tuesday nights meeting with “Speedway chat” . Go to their  Facebook page for details 

Well done to the BBC.

On this mornings local news bulletin at 06.25am,they showed a preview of tonights meeting.

Hopefully, they will show it again throughout the morning.

Fingers crossed that the efforts that the promotion have put into this bear a positive outcome.

• Like 1

can someone help , i watched the speedway show even though i'm not on facebook. can i still pay the fee somehow and watch tonights meeting or do i have to be part of it first , thanks.

Well done to all those involved in the Plymouth stream. The quality exceeded my expectation, and some fantastic racing as well. A model for the future? I'd certainly pay to watch for other meetings if they are streamed

Hope everyone had a great time. Send the video to the government and get them to justify why elite sports cant do what plymouth have so well tonight, good stuff

Absolutely superbly run meeting, the track the best it's ever been, the announcer slick and professional ,covid measures spot on and great racing from fully committed riders who looked to thoroughly enjoy themselves a credit to all concerned. 

Plymouth Gladiators are on a upward spiral!

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Absolutely superbly run meeting, the track the best it's ever been, the announcer slick and professional ,covid measures spot on and great racing from fully committed riders who looked to thoroughly enjoy themselves a credit to all concerned. 

Great night, great racing...very enjoyable evening

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lewy said:

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Great night, great racing...very enjoyable evening

Well worth the long trip from Mid Wales to watch this meeting

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lewy said:

The Ian Jordon effect has taken hold straight away, like it did at Eastbourne,  seems to have the touch to bring a club up and on from day one.

• Like 1

Where to start?

Easy. From the moment of ordering a ticket, to going into the stadium, finding my vantage point, watching the racing and then leaving. Couldnt have been easier.

It was easily the most enjoyable meeting I have been to at Plymouth for years. Everything was controlled perfectly, people always on hand for those who needed help. 

The track? I was critical of how things went last year. This time? Probably the best its been in my memory,(I was at the very 1st meeting here) So to that end, I certainly applaud Mark and his team for their efforts. Last night was deserved reward for all their hard work.

Only a couple of minor things I didnt like so much. The parade presentation and after the 4 lap blast was a little chaotic.Needs sorting out. Also Mike on the mic, please learn how to pronounce riders names. Every time Alfie came out, we had a different version of his name as in Bow (front of a ship) tell as in bottle! Amusing to start with, but not so by the end of the evening.The constant cutting across announcing/Childsy interviewing too. Not my cup of tea.

The riders deserve a huge amount of credit for the way they rode.I wasnt expecting to much, but they certainly got stuck in. Some terrific tussles.Well done to every one of them.

The stadium itself has been transformed with a superb main stand,great viewing. Mark and his team have certainly worked very hard on that. 

I havent been to any of the other meetings in the UK this season, so have nothing to compare it to. Based on this meeting alone, Plymouth have certainly set a high standard for others to follow.

I would give Mark and his team 99 out of 100. Sort out the presentation side of it and you would have had the 'perfect' speedway meeting. Oh, and if I could, I would happily shake Marks hand and congratulate him on,not only a job well done, but a job that British Speedway would have been proud of. Well done.

Thank you for a very enjoyable nights entertainment.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BobC said:

Where to start?

Easy. From the moment of ordering a ticket, to going into the stadium, finding my vantage point, watching the racing and then leaving. Couldnt have been easier.

It was easily the most enjoyable meeting I have been to at Plymouth for years. Everything was controlled perfectly, people always on hand for those who needed help. 

The track? I was critical of how things went last year. This time? Probably the best its been in my memory,(I was at the very 1st meeting here) So to that end, I certainly applaud Mark and his team for their efforts. Last night was deserved reward for all their hard work.

Only a couple of minor things I didnt like so much. The parade presentation and after the 4 lap blast was a little chaotic.Needs sorting out. Also Mike on the mic, please learn how to pronounce riders names. Every time Alfie came out, we had a different version of his name as in Bow (front of a ship) tell as in bottle! Amusing to start with, but not so by the end of the evening.The constant cutting across announcing/Childsy interviewing too. Not my cup of tea.

The riders deserve a huge amount of credit for the way they rode.I wasnt expecting to much, but they certainly got stuck in. Some terrific tussles.Well done to every one of them.

The stadium itself has been transformed with a superb main stand,great viewing. Mark and his team have certainly worked very hard on that. 

I havent been to any of the other meetings in the UK this season, so have nothing to compare it to. Based on this meeting alone, Plymouth have certainly set a high standard for others to follow.

I would give Mark and his team 99 out of 100. Sort out the presentation side of it and you would have had the 'perfect' speedway meeting. Oh, and if I could, I would happily shake Marks hand and congratulate him on,not only a job well done, but a job that British Speedway would have been proud of. Well done.

Thank you for a very enjoyable nights entertainment.

Have to agree with this. Terrific work from the Plymouth management. Whilst I haven’t seen it yet, I think the live stream came across very well. Really hopeful that the Gladiators get the green light to stage more meetings this year, regulations permitting, and can sort out the presentation aspect which with a few tweaks should match the high standards set in other areas.